Merry Christmas

AlanHo

In the Daily Mail Weekend magazine today there is a full page advert for A "Night before Christmas" illuminated talking model house. It comes complete with Santa and his reindeer, Christmas figurines in every window, a Christmas tree with lights and each room lights up in turn as a poem is read.

What the ethnic minorities will make of this affront to their religions is anyone's guess.

The mind boggles - a Christmas advert on the 1st of July - I trust our venerable PC brigade will not let this go unchallenged.

:rtfm::uhm:

It's round about this time of year that a local garden centre closes off a large section, to start to prepare the Christmas display. In late September we always get an invitation to attend the opening of the display. I phoned them last year after the invitation arrived, and asked to be deleted from their mailing list. This situation gets dafter and dafter. I couldn't care less what the PC brigade or any religion has to say about it either. I for one am NOT interested in Christmas at this time of year. The 1st of November is quite early enough.

I welcome the trend because it is time to start thinking Happy Birthday to Thos. :P

Thos.

Do you want to get another year older, you must be running out of birthdays.

There's only ONE alternative to being a year older. I'll take a year older as my option thanks. :D

I agree with both of you.

andsome, I took the liberty of changing your original quote to reflect what you later said you intended to say. :)

No problem. Is this ridiculous state of affairs happening on your side of the pond as well? We usually see Easter eggs in the shop before the end of January. Summer clothes appear well before the end of winter, and it is impossible to buy anything warm in February. Winter clothes usually appear round about July/August. The world is totally mad.

Yet another example of this type of stupidity. I have just returned from a fruitless shopping trip. I wanted a lightweight casual jacket to take to Paris with us. Only a few examples remained in the shops, and they all said that they would not be having anymore in as they were expecting winter stock in soon.

No, that's my reaction to Christmas at this time of year when I've only just cast me clouts for the summer! :angry:

You see.......you're not up to speed.....the discerning individual would be piling ON the clothes now, in preparation for the extreme cold of winter due to Global cooling....... after being half naked all winter in preparation for the extreme heat of summer due to Global warming!!!...??? Did I say that? Must be wandering again due to hypothermia induced by eating too many global cadbury's salmonella bars!!

Bah! Humbug! :angry:

Oh no!. That was the reason for lack of stock given to me in two stores.

Understood. :D

By the way, that garden centre that I mentioned above, now have a sale on. I reckon that they are clearing the way for the Christmas display.

Yet another example of this type of stupidity. I have just returned from a fruitless shopping trip. I wanted a lightweight casual jacket to take to Paris with us. Only a few examples remained in the shops, and they all said that they would not be having anymore in as they were expecting winter stock in soon.

Shop in Spain ;) I bought a hoody for winter (it went down to 8c last year) last week for 6 €`s

Shop in Spain ;) I bought a hoody for winter (it went down to 8c last year) last week for 6 €`s

Much too far to come for shopping.