Wireless mouse not working

HI!

Recently my dad gave me a mouse that some doctor friend of his had given him. It is a wireless mouse. And as of yet, I haven't got it to work. :(

I have XP Pro, and when I inserted the USB it said new hardware has been found. Then it said that it has been installed correctly and should work.

It doesn't.

Please help,

Panarchy

Try this:

The signal receiver box will have a button on it to enable tuning to the transmissions of the mouse. Also the mouse will have a reset button (probably accessed by a pin or paperclip) on the underside.

Reset the mouse and then reset the receiver box - give each about a minute to settle before expecting either to work properly.

I don't know what brand mine is so that is no help.

I don't understand why you don't know the brand name - it is normally on the underside of the mouse - if not on the top and on the receiver unit as well.

I'm tempted to ask now: if these identifiers have been removed, does the mouse belong to the receiver unit you are trying to use it with - are they a matched pair?

Having just had a problem with my mouse - Logitech laser with keyboard - It kept on juddering - I removed the lot, including all the bits from a 'search' and CCleaner. Reinstalled and all seems well now.

Did you try a reinstall?

Try this:

The signal receiver box will have a button on it to enable tuning to the transmissions of the mouse. Also the mouse will have a reset button (probably accessed by a pin or paperclip) on the underside.

Reset the mouse and then reset the receiver box - give each about a minute to settle before expecting either to work properly.

It worked. I didn't notice the button on the mouse before. Thanks