It gives you a lovely warm feeling

catgate

to know that Tony is going to lead the world.

http://www.24dash.com/environment/17826.htm

Make the most of the warmth, because it may get chillier the longer this nonsense continues. You certainly will not be able to afford to keep warm by artificial means unless you are amongst the elite animals.

Is it nonsense? I certainly don't know and am not enamoured of the theory that it is propaganda put out by scientists to ensure funds are made available to keep them in well paid jobs.

All political parties are of the same mind here that carbon emissions must be reduced. Including those of other major powers (this includes the US of A nowadays even though they did not sign Kyoto)

Thos.

Just how much bovine excrement is it all? Brown mentioned in the link, making poverty history. I see that the other day, Geldoff claimed that progress has been slow. Now that that conference is history, so apparently are the good noises made by B'liar and Comrade Gordon. Only part of the debts owing by the third world have been cancelled. Billions are still owned. So just how much will progress if any will be made on this score once things have died down?

Who'm ever wrote this article is a complete moron...!

from the article:

The draft Climate Change Bill also sets an interim target of a 26% to 32% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions by 2020.

hhhmmm , So cars emit "Carbon Dioxide" ..? I did not know this... :rolleyes: Geeze , And all this time i thought cars emited Carbon Monoxide...

tackling climate change

WHAT CLIMATE CHANGE...? That's like saying "Global Warming" actually exists..., Wich it dosen't...!

And all this time i thought cars emited Carbon Monoxide...

Yes they emit that. Carbon Monoxide is the poisonous stuff used in "suicide by hose pipe". They also emit lots of Carbon Dioxide in rather larger quantities. It is just the way it is with hydrocarbon combustion. They also produce other gases, depending on what additives and impurities are in the hydrocarbon, along with copious quantities of water.

WHAT CLIMATE CHANGE...? That's like saying "Global Warming" actually exists..., Wich it dosen't...!

Global warming does exist, as does global cooling. The temperature of the planet has cycled up and down for millions of years.

The last cooling period was for a few years in the 70s when "the scientists" were predicting a new ice age.

It's all more than likely due to sunspot activity than the CO2 produced by mans wickedness, although there is no getting away from the fact that man is producing/releasing more of it than ever before.

It looks very much as though sunspot activated global warming is causing the CO2 absorbed in the world oceans to be released, and this is giving those who would use any "scare" opportunity to their own advantage the ability to put in more control and means of gaining wealth and power.

My car seat is also warmed - but by gas emissions that place no load on the car battery.

What do you do if you haven't eaten the right food the day before and don't have wind on a cold day, apart from sit on a cold seat.

Global warming does exist, as does global cooling. The temperature of the planet has cycled up and down for millions of years.

No..! , The earth is NOT Millions of years old..! , The earth is only roughly six thousand years old... And there is proof of that...

The last cooling period was for a few years in the 70s when "the scientists" were predicting a new ice age.

It's all more than likely due to sunspot activity than the CO2 produced by mans wickedness, although there is no getting away from the fact that man is producing/releasing more of it than ever before.

Yea ok , i can agree with this - sort of - Yea that is true that the earth warms up and then it cools down , that is just the way of things , But to say that there is global warming due to the green house effect or carbon monoxide or whatever is just stupid..., but that is true what you say about "man's wickedness" though....

It looks very much as though sunspot activated global warming is causing the CO2 absorbed in the world oceans to be released, and this is giving those who would use any "scare" opportunity to their own advantage the ability to put in more control and means of gaining wealth and power.

No , that would be "O2" being released from the earths oceans, Not CO2 , Since water is made up of two parts O2 and one part Hydrogen ....

No..! , The earth is NOT Millions of years old..! , The earth is only roughly six thousand years old... And there is proof of that...

Really? What proof?

Thos.

Yea ok , i can agree with this - sort of - Yea that is true that the earth warms up and then it cools down , that is just the way of things , But to say that there is global warming due to the green house effect or carbon monoxide or whatever is just stupid..., but that is true what you say about "man's wickedness" though....

No , that would be "O2" being released from the earths oceans, Not CO2 , Since water is made up of two parts O2 and one part Hydrogen ....

I've just lost that lovely warm feeling. I now know where it's all going wrong. :wacko:

There is a parallel world where even the water is upside down and inside out. Where cheese has a valency of two and a half and where beer is grown on trees.

edit:-

Hang on Cinderella, you shall go to the ball!

Where on earth did you get that idea from? What about carbon dating of Dinosaur bones, dating them as having lived millions of years ago? What about carbon dating of rocks putting them even longer ago? Are you trying to tell us that you believe in all that Adam and Eve nonsense, and that the world was created in seven days, a few thousand years ago? Do you not believe that light is even now arriving here that was transmitted millions of years ago by stars that have been dead for millions of years. I suppose that a bloke named Noah really did build a wooden boat big enough to hold two of every creature in the world, and that he travelled all over the world on foot herding them all together, penguins from one pole, and polar bears from another. I suppose that they all lived peacefully together on this boat which would have had to be several miles long.

4.gif4.gif4.gif

Getting back to global warming, this is a definite fact, the evidence is there for everyone to see. Of course it has all happened before, over millions of years there have been ice ages and massive global warming periods. It has always happened and always will. What is also not in doubt, is that the activities of man are causing this to happen faster than it would normally, and this is why we need to address what we are doing to the planet. Even without the damage to the atmosphere caused by all the extra CO2 that we are emitting, can anyone honestly believe that it is good for mankind and all the other creatures on earth to be breathing in all that muck that we pump out? Do you NOT believe that if we carry on with the destruction of the rain forests, that eventually we will help to cause such colossal increases in the CO2 content of the air, that we are all likely to start to show signs of CO2 poisoning?

Well obviously then , All of you do not believe in god or Jesus christ , because if you did you wouldn't question that...

Really? What proof?

Read the bible , That is all the proof you need...

And while doing so , Pay close attention to when people were born , How long they lived , and when they died...

It wasn't uncommon for people to live to see 200 years of age.. Back then...

Well obviously then , All of you do not believe in god or Jesus christ , because if you did you wouldn't question that...

Really? What proof?

Read the bible , That is all the proof you need...

I have read a lot of books and don't necessarily believe all I read. I think that the concept you clearly believe in is a load of rubbish and andsome's piece above sets it out nicely.

Thos.

So you really don't believe that dinosaurs ever existed, that they are a figment of someone imagination? You don't believe that even now, virtually every creature on earth is still evolving? You really do believe that one day there was nothing, and that a week later we had a full blown earth, complete with one man, and that shortly after that he had a rib torn out to make him a wife? Do you believe that this couple were put into a lovely garden, and told that they could live happily ever after as long as they didn't eat an apple? The bible has been written by mankind and translated, retranslated, and retranslated from one language to another over the years, and probably bears no relationship to what it was like originally. It is a historical work of fiction.

You have failed to respond to all the points made about the climate.

Where on earth did you get that idea from? What about carbon dating of Dinosaur bones, dating them as having lived millions of years ago? What about carbon dating of rocks putting them even longer ago? Are you trying to tell us that you believe in all that Adam and Eve nonsense, and that the world was created in seven days, a few thousand years ago? Do you not believe that light is even now arriving here that was transmitted millions of years ago by stars that have been dead for millions of years. I suppose that a bloke named Noah really did build a wooden boat big enough to hold two of every creature in the world, and that he travelled all over the world on foot herding them all together, penguins from one pole, and polar bears from another. I suppose that they all lived peacefully together on this boat which would have had to be several miles long.

There is no such thing as "Carbon Dating" , And where do you get that idea from..??

Wait , so you mean to tell me that these "So-called" scientists were alive "Supposedly" a Million years ago to know that these rocks and bones are really that old...??? :rofl:

That is total ignorance..!

Let me ask this , WHAT EXACTLY are they compairing these bones and rocks to..?? When did someone come out and say "OK , Here you go , These bones are in fact four million years old , So use these to do ALL of your future studies and comparisons with"

I don't think that one happened...! :lol:

Here are the climate comments that you failed to respond to:

Getting back to global warming, this is a definite fact, the evidence is there for everyone to see. Of course it has all happened before, over millions of years there have been ice ages and massive global warming periods. It has always happened and always will. What is also not in doubt, is that the activities of man are causing this to happen faster than it would normally, and this is why we need to address what we are doing to the planet. Even without the damage to the atmosphere caused by all the extra CO2 that we are emitting, can anyone honestly believe that it is good for mankind and all the other creatures on earth to be breathing in all that muck that we pump out? Do you NOT believe that if we carry on with the destruction of the rain forests, that eventually we will help to cause such colossal increases in the CO2 content of the air, that we are all likely to start to show signs of CO2 poisoning?

What are your views on this operation that Adam had to tear his rib out to construct a wife. Why were they both allowed to eat anything that they wanted except apples, and do you eat apples?

What about this great big boat called an ARK, and what about the logistical nightmare of trudging all over the place from pole to pole to gather up two of each animal, how many years did that take, and how did he stop them from killing each other?

If Adam and his missus were created in the garden of eden, I would imagine that this is in the middle east somewhere, so where did all the white people, the oriental people, the Asian people, and the black people come from, were they all descendants who miraculously changed colour and facial features? If Noah went all over looking for these pairs of animals, how did he cross the oceans? Have you ever thought at what rate they must all have bred to create the present day world population in 6000 years. So you believe that there is no such thing as carbon dating, don't they allow science lessons in fundamentalist Christian schools in the US? How come all these billions of descendants who were produced from one couple in 6000 years come to speak so many different languages. Given half a chance, and the time to do it, any thinking person can tear holes in fundamentalist beliefs. Fundamentalist Christianity is as blind to common sense as fundamental Islam.

No , I've been responding to those as well , just not of late...

What are your views on this operation that Adam had to tear his rib out to construct a wife.

Adam didn't "Tear" his rib out to "construct" a wife , When god created man it was also decided that a companion would be created , Because for man to alone would not be a good thing , A rib was used from adam to create his significant other , the rib was used instead of part of his head as not to dominate him - or - his foot as not to be below him..., The rib was used so she would be his equal...

Why were they both allowed to eat anything that they wanted except apples,

It wasn't "Apples" , It was the apple tree , Because god told them that they could not eat from the apple tree..

and how did he stop them from killing each other?

Why would they have..? And he who..? , Noah or God..?

So you believe that there is no such thing as carbon dating, don't they allow science lessons in fundamentalist Christian schools in the US?

Yes they allow science lessons in christian schools here, But they don't teach evolution , or the "theory" of carbon dating , Nor are they "Fundamentalists"..! Don't assume that just because you are - or - have been , That everyone else is too...

How come all these billions of descendants who were produced from one couple in 6000 years come to speak so many different languages.

Why wouldn't they..? , Alot can happen over six thousand years..., Besides that , God didn't create everyone to be the same , God want his children to be "unique"...

Given half a chance, and the time to do it, any thinking person can tear holes in fundamentalist beliefs.

What is "fundamentalist" here..? Christianity..? or you..?

Ok , So you mean to tell me that the 98% of the worlds population that believes in the idea of a higher spiritial power ( GOD ) is nothing more than "BrainWashed"..? 98%..? Are you freakin serious...?!

Fundamentalist Christianity is as blind to common sense as fundamental Islam.

I happen to be Babtist Christian , Thank you...

Ok , so let me ask this , Is there NO god in the UK..? , you mean your neighbors around you don't attend church services..? When you got married to your wife , The two of you didn't stand before a preacher in the house of god and swear to love each other till death do you part..?

Back to the subject at hand...

Do you NOT believe that if we carry on with the destruction of the rain forests, that eventually we will help to cause such colossal increases in the CO2 content of the air, that we are all likely to start to show signs of CO2 poisoning?

Oh yes , Whole heartedly..! , If we as a people don't start to clean up our act we will surely destroy ourselves soon enough...

If Adam and his missus were created in the garden of eden, I would imagine that this is in the middle east somewhere,

Why..?

Actually i believe that country is called "Turkey" :rolleyes:

If Adam and his missus were created in the garden of eden, I would imagine that this is in the middle east somewhere, so where did all the white people, the oriental people, the Asian people, and the black people come from, were they all descendants?

Yes... But not of just adam and eve , There were other people created you know , Adam and eve were only the first , If you're gonna argue this kind of thing with me then you really need to get your facts straight...

If Noah went all over looking for these pairs of animals, how did he cross the oceans?

Well , If you had a boat , How would YOU cross the oceans..? Good grief...Look at a globe sometime , You'll see ..

Have you ever thought at what rate they must all have bred to create the present day world population in 6000 years.

Have you ever thought of what an incredibly SLOW rate people ( and animals ) must have aprocriated to make the presant day population..? Over this supposed "Millions" of years..

I mean , There must have been literaly hundreds of years between decendance...

No , I've been responding to those as well , just not of late...

What are your views on this operation that Adam had to tear his rib out to construct a wife.

Adam didn't "Tear" his rib out to "construct" a wife , When god created man it was also decided that a companion would be created , Because for man to alone would not be a good thing , A rib was used from Adam to create his significant other , the rib was used instead of part of his head as not to dominate him - or - his foot as not to be below him..., The rib was used so she would be his equal...

Clever trick that, making a woman fro a mans rib. :D

Why were they both allowed to eat anything that they wanted except apples,

It wasn't "Apples" , It was the apple tree , Because god told them that they could not eat from the apple tree..

So all those Christians who eat apples are likely to end up in purgatory?

and how did he stop them from killing each other?

Why would they have..? And he who..? , Noah or God..?

I don't think that lions would get on very well with tigers, and I don't think that any small mammal would last for long herded together with carnivores on a boat. Have you ever thought just how big that ark would need to be, and have you given any more thought as to how Noah herded them all up from one pole to the other, and from one continent to the other?

So you believe that there is no such thing as carbon dating, don't they allow science lessons in fundamentalist Christian schools in the US?

Yes they allow science lessons in Christian schools here, But they don't teach evolution , or the "theory" of carbon dating , Nor are they "Fundamentalists"..! Don't assume that just because you are - or - have been , That everyone else is too...

So how come that animals on different continents, especially isolated ones are different? Australia for instance, and how did Noah get there to round up two of each type?

How come all these billions of descendants who were produced from one couple in 6000 years come to speak so many different languages.

Why wouldn't they..? , A lot can happen over six thousand years..., Besides that , God didn't create everyone to be the same , God want his children to be "unique"... How can they be unique if they all descended from the first two? Where did whites, blacks,Chinese, Indians etc etc come from?

Given half a chance, and the time to do it, any thinking person can tear holes in fundamentalist beliefs.

What is "fundamentalist" here..? Christianity..? or you..?

OK , So you mean to tell me that the 98% of the worlds population that believes in the idea of a higher spiritual power ( GOD ) is nothing more than "BrainWashed"..? 98%..? Are you freakin serious...?!

A lot will believe what they were brought up to believe. Some will do so until they grow up, then they will think for themselves. If all people were descended from Adam and Eve, why don't they all believe in the same God? Why do some people still believe in Sun Gods etc etc? Why had people from continents not attached to wherever it all started not have the same God, and how did they get to their present continent?

Fundamentalist Christianity is as blind to common sense as fundamental Islam.

I happen to be Baptist Christian , Thank you...

OK , so let me ask this , Is there NO god in the UK..? , you mean your neighbours around you don't attend church services..? When you got married to your wife , The two of you didn't stand before a preacher in the house of god and swear to love each other till death do you part..?

Yes some in the UK believe in your God, and some of them kill each other because they worship in a different church. Some believe in Allah, and some in a variety of pagan Gods, Hindu gods etc etc. Yes I got married in a church, because I had only just reached adulthood, and hadn't started to reason things out for myself, and also the families wanted it.

Back to the subject at hand...

Do you NOT believe that if we carry on with the destruction of the rain forests, that eventually we will help to cause such colossal increases in the CO2 content of the air, that we are all likely to start to show signs of CO2 poisoning?

Oh yes , Whole heartedly..! , If we as a people don't start to clean up our act we will surely destroy ourselves soon enough...

I'm still waiting to find out how on earth Noah rounded up two of every animal. He didn't have any trucks, he would have had to have walked, then made absolutely massive boats to carry them. Where did all the food come from? How did he make boats big enough to hold two each of all the dinosaurs, or didn't they actually exist, are all the remains so far discovered, just the figment of someones imagination? I saw a programme on TV some months ago discussing this Ark business. It would have had to be thousands of feet long to get living quarters for two of everything, then there would be the logistical problem of carrying enough food for them all. there would have to have been a colossal quantity on board to keep them all fed enough to stop them from eating each other. What happened to all the sh**? No timber on earth would have been strong enough to make this massive boat, and I doubt whether he used steel.

Some people will believe anything. :D