Assylum Seekers....Your Thoughts...

What do you think? Are we (the UK) been stupid or are we doing the decent thing???

It is becoming a "feverish" topic round our way. People are furious at the privilages that the refugees are getting.

These include...

...Getting council houses/flats before other people and having them decorated and carpeted throughout.

...Getting 10% more money than British people for their Benefits.

...The lottery money being given out freely for help with court cases.

I don't want a riot....Only a wider picture on what the rest of the country thinks....

IMHO one of the reasons the government will give preferential treatment to asylum seekers over its own people is that the PC people (not computer related :) have such a voice and hold over politicians that they bottle it to actually come down hard on immigrants and the people who see some dangers are screamed down as fascist, nazis etc.

I do think that we do have to accept a certain amount of genuine asylum seekers/immigrants but it has to be tightly controlled and not just allowed for any reason and certainly not to anyone who has entered the country illegaly. What shouldn't be forgotten though is, throughout the years a lot of immigrants have worked hard and put a lot into the United Kingdom one way or another, but at the end of the day we are a small island and cannot take any more than our fair share and at the moment I think wus and Germany are taking more than our fair share.

How many of the asylum seekers fleeing France to come here are really in fear of their lives in France?

None! They don't get the same handouts as they do here so I'd know where I would go in the position.

Enough is enough, we can't go on forever allowing this to go on. Many of the countries these people fled, because of war or unrest, are now quite safe and I can't see any reason why they can't be helped to return to their families and help build a better home country for themselves.

Noticeable our current problems with "terrorists" appear to be "north Africans" or to be more precise Algerian's (New to us).....They have been giving the French security forces a hard time for many years ! ............(espcially in southern France).......But in the last few years bucket loads of Franc's (after a spate of bombing ) ...and now Euros..have been invested in manpower and resources for French internal security forces , causing these ******** to up shop and move to soft touch UK ........

Algeria was a French colony, and subsequent political mess after their Independence had nothing to do with us ! ,But the French government is not slow in coming forward to protect their own interests if they feel threatened .........(remember the Greenpeace ship in New Zealand ?) .This is forcing them out of France ..........Unfortuantly because of our "liberal attitudes" in the British government (and our sense of "fair play") We are going to suffer the consequences ..more and more ! as they are coming here and living off our SS handouts ......(deep sadness for the police officer killed for doing his job in Manchester)

The Algerian terrorists are just the start.....

The real problems will really kick off when the Albanian and Kosovan criminal organisations really start to get entrenched in this country......easy access to military weapons.......And quick to use them......

If we are really in the EEC or EU (depending on your age) what we need Is one law for all with regards to acceptance for asylum seekers ...the same pan European social service benefits ,support ,and legal acceptance or deportation..

We need to get real....like the French........

Listen folks I think that we are getting a little close to the knuckle here

getting out of hand,where I live in the north east it was out of the ordinary to see a foreigner,now you can't move for them.

I think that this one may need a little tact here folks as we do not want to go down the lines of Racial predjudice

i dont mind debates but lets have some practical input or i may have to moderate this thread/delete it

madboy33

lets face it the government have messed up big time,they have no records or whereabouts of half these assyum seekers ,the problem is that terroists are sneaking in with them,madboy unemployment is still high in the north east and some places like south shields are real blackspots,the council are putting up the rates by 15% its not racist it down to someone has to pay the cost,believe me the policeman killed in manchester is just the start of it,

TBH I think we are seen as the mugs of europe regarding asylum seekers and that EU law needs to be looked at and changed, so that asylum seekers can only seek asylum in the 1st country they travel to rather than travel thru 1/2 of europe to seek asylum in the UK.

Don't see it happening tho when this countries P.C. mob argue against it. :angry: :angry:

madboy33 is right...Let's stay away from any comments that could be seen or interpreted as racist. The thread will run longer that way !

I was told today that the French are building a new Sangat (not sure on spelling) just down the road from the old one. I think it is only going to be used for administration purposes this time and not for housing the refugees.

There seems to be an awful lot of 'illegal' asylum seekers being caught lately with fake passports/ driving licenses/ credit cards etc etc. They seem to me to be "criminally connected". Think of it...Could any of you reading this thread get hold of this sort of illegal stuff? Or know of where to get hold of it? I doubt it :D )

Have to say...that i dont mind the GENUINE asylum seekers, the ones who have come to this country with their families because of cival wars/fear of life through unlawful regimes (eg Taliban) etc etc. If they've come here to seek work and contribute to the state then ive no problems......now, a lot of people in the country seem to confuse Asylum Seekers with illigal Immigrents. Its the latter which are causing the Goverment problems. These are the ones entering the country and contributing to the countrys ever growing drug and vice trade.

As for how to stop these illigal immigrants entering, who knows? i dont pretend to have an answer or a solution myself, only the fat cats in the cabinet office can answer that, but i think its about time that they thought about it seriously before the damage to this once great country is irrepairable.

I've got a wonderful idea. Why doesn't everyone in work give three quarters of their pay, and evryone who has retired start work again, and do the same. All this money could then be used to fly anyone first class into the country, from anywhere in the world. Just think of all the extra votes Grinning Blair would get then.

2up.gif

ellas, Sarcasm yes. We are however unfortunately the dumping ground of the world. I am not racist, but cannot help feeling that we are far too tolerent. Muslims are allowed to settle in this country and build places of worship, and yet christians visiting many muslim countries are not even allowed to carry a bible in their luggage. British people are prosecuted for racist talk, and rightly so, but whitness the ravings of a good many muslim clerics in this country, with no hint of them ever being silenced. Whitness the scenes at the asylum seekers camp in France before it was closed. None of the people there wanted to settle for asylum in France or Germany or Italy, where they first crossed into the west. NO, they wanted to come to England because we are the softest touch in Eurppe. Whitness the hardship suffered by many poor people in this country, whilst asylum seekers are housed in many cases in quality accomodation, and given better handouts than our own destitute citizens. GENUINE asylum seekers fleeing for their lives is one thing, but economic migrants is a different kettle of fish altogether. Charity belongs at home in the first instance. By all means help those in fear of their lives, but not the scroungers who just want free handouts. Why are we not doing more to help rebuild Afganhistan instead of accepting immigrants from there? These people would be better off being assisted to rebild their own country, rather than living on handouts here. After all we have helped to rid the country of the Taliban, so why don't they help to put their own country to rights?

How many of the asylum seekers fleeing France to come here are really in fear of their lives in France?

None! They don't get the same handouts as they do here so I'd know where I would go in the position.

Enough is enough, we can't go on forever allowing this to go on. Many of the countries these people fled, because of war or unrest, are now quite safe and I can't see any reason why they can't be helped to return to their families and help build a better home country for themselves.

Andsome. It looks like great minds think alike.

The latest farce is the ex Taliban fighter who claimed asylum in Wales and yes, he has been allowed to stay. Unbelievable. I just cannot understand the mentality of the people making these decisions.

I also heard about the Taliban fighter. It stinks! :angry: He would have been shot years ago for being a traitor.

I have also heard a tale about the refugees getting free NHS prescriptions and then sending them overseas to their families. Apparently, the whole issue with assylum seeking is costing this country around £26-28Million per month to run. That is nearly £1million per day ! ! ! How many hospitals or schools or prisons could be built and run for this sort of money??? :angry:

There is also a tale locally. One refugee was given a car on the mobility scheme run by the government. He then sold the car to a man in a local pub for £400. The last I heard, the benefits office are still trying to get it back ... :lol:

I agree with most of what is said. That is that nobody is against a genuine assylum seeker fleeing a war torn country for example. If I were fleeing the UK (and I might be in a few years!) because of war, I would be thankful of any country that opened it's door for me. I would be more glad of being safe from the trouble I was fleeing and not because I would be financially secure there. It is a fact that the majority of seekers that hit our shores are coming because of the state and other benefits available here. France is happy to grant them a permit to cross their country in order to reach ours, and then Mr. Blair is only to glad to receive his next set of voters. :(

Anybody see our Rt Hon bullsh*tter in Chief on The old senile interviewers show...whoppss .....sorry.......Breakfast with Frost.............. on Sunday ?

We are going to reengage on the human rights charter in order to deport these questionable asylum immigrants..in order to deport the ones we don't "like" (You can even smell it on the TV , Just BS to get him of out off a difficult question on TV....nothing will happen !)

I never thought it would happen to me ,but I am in full agreement with Doris Karloff's (Anne Widdicombes) suggestion of locking them all up until their application can be processed, and they are deported, or released, into the beloved arms of our generous social security services .... (security ..as if.......arsed ! ) If they are genuine.....If they are NOT .....deport them then and there.....and bloody charge them for the cost !