Safari 3 Public Beta - Mac & Windows

Chris

Actually using iBench Safari was over 2x faster than ie and about 1.6x faster than firefox 2 on XP. This is all thanks to the KHTML engine used in safari and developed for KDE's Konquror. I've been looking for years for a good KHTML browser for windows, and now I may have found one. KHTML adheres to standards and is very, very fast. By far the best rendering engine in my book.

Huh! The download of the information link was so slow I gave up. I hope this isn't an indication of the quality/speed of the browser when I install it.

Just downloaded to a folder in four seconds. I will probably look at it later. I am happy trying it out as I have an Acronis backup. Is there a spell checker with it?

Just installed it on my Vista computer - and the browser is not functioning.

The browser screen opens but the top line where the menu items should appear is blank. If I pass my cursor along the row - black squares appear where menu items should be and drop-down menu windows appear - but they are blank.

I have tried a repair install - still the same.

I have downloaded the file again and done a new install - still the same.

I must have picked the rotten apple out of the barrel.

Now being uninstalled and expunged from my computer.

I am impressed with your download speed andsome - 28 MB in 4 seconds is a bit fast - my 2GB broadband took over a minute - the download speed from the apple site was 253 Kb/sec.

The browser screen opens but the top line where the menu items should appear is blank. If I pass my cursor along the row - black squares appear where menu items should be and drop-down menu windows appear - but they are blank.

I am impressed with your download speed andsome - 28 MB in 4 seconds is a bit fast - my 2GB broadband took over a minute - the download speed from the apple site was 253 Kb/sec.

As previously reported I am now using 20Mb at no extra charge for twelve months. I now have the browser installed. At first attempt to connect it failed, but this was Comodo doing its job and connection is now very fast. One site, the hunger site is very very slow so far but this may be the site. WF opened in a flash. The jury is still out. If I can't find a spell checker I will probably dump it. My typing and proof reading is crap. Text is not as sharp as on IE.

Even the beta on the Mac side of things is very buggy. It's causing a lot of issues. I will try it on Windows when the final release comes out, hopefully a lot of these issues will be resolved by then. If I were Steve Jobs I wouldn't have released the beta. It's so buggy and just leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I do love Safari on the Mac (though I don't use it for various reasons) and it has a built-in automatically enabled spell checker. Again, hopefully when the final release comes out it won't suck.

Ditto. Same problems here and the program was deleted.

I've been running it for a couple of days. There are known bugs in it, about ten major ones according to the write up on PC Advisor last night. I didn't really like the appearance of it and dumped it. :unsure: