missing keystrokes

dusty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to add you don't need spybot and the other spyware program... And i don't know much about the personal firewall you have... care to elaborate. Do you have windows firewall enabled. And also do you have automatic updates

I just uninsalled IE7 not knowing if it was corrupt, reinstalled and still havethe same problem. I use windows f/w and an a/v suite provide by my isp. I have not made any changes, te problem just started out of owhere. I have tried a usp kb with no change.

thanks, Bob

I do update rom microsoft when the icon pops up

Hi Dusty,

You will be happy to know you are not crazy, nor are you the only one. I'm having the same problem. Strangely, I am typing this without a problem and it was happening all day... I am on a brand new Acer quad-core machine. I have tried the Acer keyboard it came with an a dell, one was USB and the other PS2. I haven't used the machine much, I assumed it was a Windows Vista problem, but now I'm thinking it might be IE since all I've done on this machine so far is use the web. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem in notepad.

I'm using IE 7.0.6000.16473

Ciper Strength: 256-bit

help,

jill

Forgot to add you don't need spybot and the other spyware program... And i don't know much about the personal firewall you have... care to elaborate. Do you have windows firewall enabled. And also do you have automatic updates

You are on the wrong forum here to advise people that they do not need anti Malware programs. We are all very security conscious, and have seen many people on here with tales of woe from picking up Spyware and Malware. These programs in themselves will not cause keyboards to mess up. Most of us on here use several such programs, we all have our own favourites.

Hi Dusty have you tried system restore,

Would you be prepared to try a different browser to eliminate an IE problem ( andsome ! shhh button it !! :rolleyes: )

To eliminate a hardware problem could you try a Linux Live CD see if the problem remains ?

I'm a little intimidated by your avatar....I feel a butt scratching coming on :lol:

Yes, I did a restore not related to this problem, this dveloped some time later. I think you are trying to get me stuck between you and andsome, I know as much about Linux as I ough I knew about indows. Where would I get a Linux CD?

From Linus? Like the old rock song says, ".....if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane..." datng myself, I thnk that was Frank Zappa

for a live linux Cd try Puppy Linux from one of the links on http://puppylinux.org/wikka/DownloadPuppy217 and should eliminate a hardware problem.

If you prefer to stick to windows and do not mind a bit of work beforehand, try UBCD4win from http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Andsome is a an IE diehard, but it works for him, but if the fault is there in another browser then it's not browser specific thus eliminating IE as the problem.

Opera or Firefox are possible alternates, or even Kmeleon from http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/download.php (not tried it yet but it'son my todo list )

System restore will eliminate it if it's a software or driver issue, can you go back a little way to check ?

My avatar is a sweetie, until you upset her, I have the scars to prove it :D

This keystroke problem, 've never used anyhing except IE browser, in an attemptto see if IE7 wascorupt, I uninstalled it and redonloaded it, no ifference, i I try Firefox, how do I make it my default browser to test this keyboard to eliminate a browser problem. Internet options.......

You get me wrong Mark. I have nothing whatsoever against other browsers. If people wish to use them then it is of course their personal choice. The thing that does annoy me, is when people have a problem and the FIRST solution offered is to DUMP IE. This is no use at all as far as I can see, and it is better to try and solve the problem first, then try a different browser afterwards. That way we then know that the computer is already running as it should do. On this occasion, Dusty has tried all ways to solve his problem, and I hope that he does so eventually, with or without another browser or operating system. For my own part, as long as IE runs OK for me I see no point in an alternative, having tried Firefox and found that I did not get on with it. I also had Netscape on my first computer. :D

There's no need to set FF as your default browser.

Simply use it a few times to see if the missing keys problem is still there, if not we'll have to check through all your options for IE7

With nothing to loose I downloaded Firefox and it seems to be working to this point. Is there anyone here that can interpret a Hijackthis Log? It seems that I must have a conflict with something on this pc and IE7.

I would rather have IE7. I have run bitdefender, my own security suite and have had nothing reported as amiss. thanks for hanging in there with me.

There's no need to set FF as your default browser.

Simply use it a few times to see if the missing keys problem is still there, if not we'll have to check through all your options for IE7

With nothing to loose I downloaded Firefox and it seems to be working to this point. Is there anyone here that can interpret a Hijackthis Log? It seems that I must have a conflict with something on this pc and IE7.

I would rather have IE7. I have run bitdefender, my own security suite and have had nothing reported as amiss. thanks for hanging in there with me.

I have shut down every thing in msconfig trying o resolve this problem. It sees that there are still keystrokes missing, what to do, what t do.......I'm lost. I've punted so many times myleg is sore. :rolleyes: BTW, I'm typing this in IE7.

Well I have just read through this lot and it amazes me.

In my own little amateur way I would run crap cleaner, get rid of what it finds and then run its registry problem scan. But then anything beyond W98SE is uncharted territory to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

HI,

I know this is an old post, but I just had the same exact problem, and I was able to fix it by deleting Skype. My son had installed Skype on the family computer without permission. I went to UNINSTALL programs, and deleted the Skype application and the problem went away immediately. I didn't even have to reboot.

:flowers: