• Perfect Disk
    • Other, please state which

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is still Diskeeper 10. :D

I never bothered to upgrade to version 10 as version 9 suited me fine :D

I had version 7, and following a Windows update it stopped working on my computer. I contacted them and they sent me a link to download version 10 at no cost. I saved it to CD and have used it ever since. :D

I never bothered to upgrade to version 10 as version 9 suited me fine :D

I had version 7, and following a Windows update it stopped working on my computer. I contacted them and they sent me a link to download version 10 at no cost. I saved it to CD and have used it ever since. :D

That was good of them :D

• 5 months later...

Right now, I'm using Diskeeper Pro 2008, and it's really good. It defrags faster on multiple drives simultaneously and it has

3 types of defrag modes which are the auto, scheduled and manual for each drive and also it does defrag boot-time.

And right now, my choice will be Diskeeper alone for it works just perfectly for me.

Right now, I'm using Diskeeper Pro 2008, and it's really good. It defrags faster on multiple drives simultaneously and it has

3 types of defrag modes which are the auto, scheduled and manual for each drive and also it does defrag boot-time.

And right now, my choice will be Diskeeper alone for it works just perfectly for me.

WELCOME TO WF. Can we see a larger photo please to cheer up the lads on the forum? :D :D :D

• 1 month later...

Woh... my topic's still alive!

My current location: Windows Forum - Computer Support Forums > Hardware and Software Related Issues > Non-Windows Related Support > What is the best defragger?

This is the Non-Windows related support forum, right? Linux filesystems don't need defragging ;)

Linux filesystems do need defragging. However, as far as I know, they defrag automatically.

Same with Mac's HFS & HFS+ filesystems.

More info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKk1a5DYmbI

:lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I love the O&O Defrag V6 Professional Edition, its the best Defragmenter ever.Defrag Pro knows a few ways to defrag your HDs. It can organize by name/ date or access. You can controll the maximum usage of the prozessor, defrag your bootfiles and pagefile.O&O have also a good tool for windows NT recovery, its called BlueCon.

• 4 months later...

Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2 is work as screensaver.As soon as you start using the computer again the program stops immediately and lets get on with your work without any interference.

It have some new feature:

Fragmentation Protection

Powerful new algorithms

No-configuration operation

Windows Vista Compatible

I use Windows native defragger when there is something to defrag.Even with scheduled defrag turned off,there is rarely any need to defrag this Windows 7 machine.It seems to manage file systems on it's own.And I try to cause fragmentation with installs/uninstalls and file/folder movements,just for experimental purposes.:0

Darndest thing I've ever seen.I'm not convinced that it is not all snake-oil.Final judgement pending.:blink:

Peace....:flowers:

Without any doubt whatsoever, Diskeeper 2010 is the best. Defraggler leaves some fragments behind. Use it then use it again immediately and it will do the job again. Diskkeeper 2010 completes the job properly. It can also be set to defrag continuously as required without even being noticeable, and will also defrag the boot files on request.

I think with today's computers (that is, current hardware with large drives and Windows 7) defragging is highly overrated. If fragmentation is so bad that it is affecting performance, you have other problems that need to be addressed immediately - most likely disk space. You need to uninstall programs and delete space hogging files you don't use - and/or buy another disk.

Also, since fragmentation will start all over again the very next time you use the computer, defragmenting is only a temporary solution. Although I like Defraggler, the Windows native defragger works just fine.

Finally, since fragmentation works best when run in Safe Mode, I see little purpose for defraggers that run in the background, or from within normal Windows mode. And defragging with 1000s of Temporary Internet Files and cookies on the drive makes no sense, and can actually be counterproductive to the defragging process. Therefore, cleaning the system of clutter before defragging is essential - but not possible with full time or auto-defraggers. For those reasons, I have disabled Win7's auto-defrag feature.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried it in a while but I do not recall having the option to run Windows defragmenter in safe mode.I had success with Auslogics defragger in safe mode.

I just checked.0% from an image backup on a cleaned and reformatted HD a week ago.And I've been installing/uninstalling,adding,deleting,ad nauseum.

You think this having 0% is accurate?

I haven't noticed any performance problems,so I ain't like freaking out or anything.Just goes against everything I've heard about fragmented files and whachacallit.:unsure:

Could it be aliens?:0