• Windows Own
    • Ashampoo
    • Perfect Disk
    • Other, please state which

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used Diskeeper 10 for some time now, and wouldn't switch to anything else. The boot time defrag facility is well worth using, and I do so about once per month. I also use Set it and forget it. I used to have it set to run silently in the background all day, but now prefer it set to defrag once daily, again it does so without me even knowing about it. Coreper, what don't you like about Diskeeper, and which version did you try? :D

Which is best? I do not know.

I use Perfect Disk.

BTW: andsome...............we know that every program you use is the best ever and is flawless. :lol:

It makes common sense to me to use only programs that I have found to suit my computer and me. This is why I use Diskeeper. You will see that I am not the only one in this thread who has tried and rejected Perfect disk. :D

I would like to hear *WHY* one defragger is better than another.

I had heard good things in the past about Perfect Disk so I bought a copy. I have not had any problems with it but wonder if (and why) Diskeeper or any other would be a better defragger.

I have and open mind on this and really would like to hear some reasons as I would be willing to switch if there were a good reason to do so. B)

I tried perfect disk. It may have been me, I don't know, but somehow I just got on better with Diskeeper 10. Perfect disk just somehow did not seem so straightforward to set up and use. I particularly like the Boot Time defrag option, and use it about once a month. The speed up of the computer is noticeable. I like the auto settings, and I have found in the early stages of use, that their help line is particularly good. No point in changing now. :D

P.S. A trial is available of Diskeeper.

Is there some sort of *technical explanation* why one defragger is better than another? :rtfm: Just saying one likes the program really proves nothing. :rolleyes:

Why is the Windows defragger not recommended?

Why is Diskeeper superior to Perfect Disk, or visa versa.

Why is Speed Disk a good product?

So many questions..........so little time. :lol:

Is there some sort of *technical explanation* why one defragger is better than another? :rtfm: Just saying one likes the program really proves nothing. :rolleyes:

Why is the Windows defragger not recommended?

Why is Diskeeper superior to Perfect Disk, or visa versa.

Why is Speed Disk a good product?

So many questions..........so little time. :lol:

<crickets> :rolleyes:

I had heard good things in the past about Perfect Disk so I bought a copy. I have not had any problems with it but wonder if (and why) Diskeeper or any other would be a better defragger.

I have and open mind on this and really would like to hear some reasons as I would be willing to switch if there were a good reason to do so. B)

I don't know Perfect Disk, so I don't know what it can do.

• Can it defrag the page file?
  • Can it defrag the MFT (master file table)?
  • Can it defrag the folders file?

I don't know Perfect Disk, so I don't know what it can do.

• Can it defrag the page file?
  • Can it defrag the MFT (master file table)?
  • Can it defrag the folders file?

Can it do a boot time defrag?