She glued herself in!

doug

My elderly neighbour is always losing her door keys and forgets to take them with her when she goes out - I have a spare. Friday she came up with a classic. She rang me to say she couldn't open her front door. So I trot round. The locks were OK but pushing against the door it was obvious that it was jambed at the bottom. So I got my trust masher hammer and a baulk of wood, went back and after a few biblical blows opened it for her. Apparently she had been having problems with the draught flap on the inside of the letter slot so she had bought some super glue and poured it onto the problem area. Unfortunately mos of it had run down the door and set gluing the bottom of the door to the sill. So I had to clean it off with a chisel.

Now the are signs in some hardware shops saying the you have to be over a certain age before they will sell you certain adhesives. I think they should also demand proof of sex and women will not be served. :rofl:

Now the are signs in some hardware shops saying the you have to be over a certain age before they will sell you certain adhesives. I think they should also demand proof of sex and women will not be served. :rofl:

:0 ... Careful .. :lol:

My elderly neighbour is always losing her door keys and forgets to take them with her when she goes out - I have a spare. Friday she came up with a classic. She rang me to say she couldn't open her front door. So I trot round. The locks were OK but pushing against the door it was obvious that it was jambed at the bottom. So I got my trust masher hammer and a baulk of wood, went back and after a few biblical blows opened it for her. Apparently she had been having problems with the draught flap on the inside of the letter slot so she had bought some super glue and poured it onto the problem area. Unfortunately mos of it had run down the door and set gluing the bottom of the door to the sill. So I had to clean it off with a chisel.

:good::rofl: :lol:

Are you saying that there are some members of the opposite sex and possibly even women have some competence with TECHNICAL matters.

If you are asking me this question, I'd say my post leaves it for you to decide, though of course, its intention was to tease you and make Irene laugh. ;)

But your follow up now makes me wonder what sex you are - given that you have an "opposite sex" that only "possibly" includes "women"? :unknw:

Are you saying that there are some members of the opposite sex and possibly even women have some competence with TECHNICAL matters.
Not exactly one of my strengths, but I do have lots of compensating factors. ;)

Irene, how about showing us a glimpse of your compensating factors? :lol:

You would most likely to feel them, as apposed to glimpsing them. ;) :D

Talking of compensating factors I as talking to one of our female reception staff today about another member of staff who is, quite frankly not the best at the job he does, her comments were " he couldn't organise a TITS up at a brewery" she was suitably embarrased when it was pointed out to her it should have been a PISS up