Has anyone got or tried WiFi television at home?

We are having a new kitchen fitted and I am considering including a drop-down TV/DVD/Radio in the new plan. B) ..(Actually, only because there is a freebee on offer). I recently received a mail-shot from Maplin about 'WiFi Senders'. Looked as if it could be useful.

Anyone any views on this?

Do you need your new system to be Wi-Fi or could you just do an extension to your existing aerial, perhaps even another, separate, aerial, Irene?

I have a distinct impression that this WI- Fi TV/audio rigmarole is an overuse of technology - as is all the multitudes of people who have Wi Fi Internet connections but only have but one computer (which might very well be sitting adjacent to a phone socket anyway). There are ten people in the vicinity of my house who have Wi Fi Internet. I know for certain that eight of them have only one desktop computer

I have just chucked out my Wi Fi Internet setup (yes, I do have more than one computer, not all proximal to the phone wiring) and installed a through-the-mains system. I'm very pleased with it. It's not at all subject to dropouts, slowness or just plain unreliability to which all the wireless systems I've experienced have been prone.

Do you need your new system to be Wi-Fi or could you just do an extension to your existing aerial, perhaps even another, separate, aerial, Irene?

I don't exactly need it, pops, but I thought it worth exploring, before adding coax leads from the existing or an additional aerial.

We looked at some info downloaded from Maplin yesterday. It would appear, to us that is, that the same program would need to be on both the main TV and the WiFi'd one. We presently only have just the one TV, not having really felt the absolute need for one in bedrooms, kitchens etc before. It's just an opportunity which I fancied for the kitchen. Since it's going to be a major upheaval, (not looking forward to it), it makes sense to look at all the angles. :)

Get on with the cooking woman, never mind watching TV in the kitchen, do you want your thingies burnt? :D
But I keep missing 'Strictly Come Dancing'.....

I just love it. :D

I also enjoy cooking.

So I could have the best of both worlds!! ;)

Do as pops says and run a cable down, you can then watch whatever channel you want.

While your kitchen is being done with all that mess, is the perfect time to have the cable put in.

If you have the room in the kitchen and can run a cable down also put in a freeview box that will give you even more channels.

Do as pops says and run a cable down, you can then watch whatever channel you want. While your kitchen is being done with all that mess, is the perfect time to have the cable put in. If you have the room in the kitchen and can run a cable down also put in a freeview box that will give you even more channels.
Thanks Alan. :flowers:

You just reminded me...

I must check if this 'freebie' has freeview.

I understand that it has a DVD and radio, so who knows, it might be included. :D

Now is the time to negotiate (order not yet placed). ;)

Get on with the cooking woman, never mind watching TV in the kitchen, do you want your thingies burnt? :D
But I keep missing 'Strictly Come Dancing'.....

I just love it. :D

I also enjoy cooking.

So I could have the best of both worlds!! ;)

We also enjoyed the first series, the second was quite fair, but like a good many TV programmes, they have now gone way over the top and to us it has become one big yawn. Every day is far too often. :D

• 6 years later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Yes, many people have tried WiFi television at home. WiFi televisions allow you to view websites and watch programming directly and immediately from the Internet without having to use your computer1. There are many brands that offer WiFi televisions, including LG, Samsung, Sony, and TCL

• 4 months later...
  • Boris locked this topic