Anyone buy so called designer stuff?

andsome

No. It's for those with more brass than sense :rolleyes:

The whole market is supplied from the same sweat shops, only an idiot buys because of the name on the label. If that statement upsets some folk then so be it. I just cannot see the sense in paying several times the price because of a label.

If you waste your money on so called DESIGNER labels, then think carefully just how much it costs to produce, and at what cost to kids.

HERE.

The Gap does not sell *designer* clothing andsome. :lol:

I think we would all be surprised at how many clothing manufacturers use child labor and run sweat shops in 3rd world Countries.

OK, it looks as though I have misunderstood, I thought that Gap was a so called designer label, the word is so misused these days. Even the cheapest item of clothing has to be designed by someone, so why call it designer clothing when some so called celebrities name is on the label? I doubt whether many of these people have had anything to do with designing. It is the same with specs, a silly high price because someone from Paris or Rome has his/her name on them. The silliest of all is designer stubble, when someone is too lazy to shave. The fact also remains, that most clothing companies are ripping people off with higher prices than necessary, having had the stuff made at slave labour prices, and companies like Gap with their high end prices are coining it.

Designer labels or not, it is very difficult nowadays to find clothing that has not been manufactured in the Far East - and with this there is always the strong prospect of it having been made by child or slave labour (perhaps both).

Even the "great" "British" companies are not averse to buying from the Far East - have a look at the labels the next time you're in M&S or similar.

I remember when I was younger that M&S had a slogan that 98% of their goods were British made. They most certainly can't claim that now. Is even 2% of British manufacture, I wonder?

In answer to the question, though, no, I don't buy designer clothes. There aren't many designers who design for people my age but, apart from that, why pay through the nose for expensive, named tat when you can get it quite reasonably elsewhere?

The "exploitation " of child labour in textiles etc. may be a stage on the journey to a free and prosperous democratic society. In the industrial revolution, and even into the very early years of the twentieth century, here in England we had children working in the "dark and satanics", up "chimblies", down mines and in all other industries. Now just look at our free and prosperous democratic society....the envy of the world!