I think this is wonderful.

catgate

With apologies to DW for any offence this may cause to him or any other person reading this,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/e...icle2948623.ece

What a wonderful world it has become.

"We believe in free speech for everyone.....providing you do not say anything with which we do not agree."

With apologies to DW for any offence this may cause to him or any other person reading this,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/e...icle2948623.eceWhat a wonderful world it has become.

"We believe in free speech for everyone.....providing you do not say anything with which we do not agree."

You are 'bigger' than this catgate. :(

By the way, the link didn't work for me. :unsure:

By the way, the link didn't work for me. :unsure:
I just clicked on the link in your reply and it worked for me. I hope I have not offended you.
STOP IT!!

You know you have not offended me. :kiss2:

By the way, I tried the link again and it worked.

Must have been busy on the site. ;)

After reading that article all I can say is free speech is OK if you follow the guide lines of the politically correct and do gooders brigade.

The UK is not the country it used to be, and I am glad I am not a youngster any more as their future is certainly not going to be as rosy as ours was when we were young.

This is just my opinion, I am not trying to start an arguement.

After reading that article all I can say is free speech is OK if you follow the guide lines of the politically correct and do gooders brigade.

The UK is not the country it used to be, and I am glad I am not a youngster any more as their future is certainly not going to be as rosy as ours was when we were young.

This is just my opinion, I am not trying to start an arguement.

This is exactly what I was thinking last night when I saw the news. This is typical of the way things have gone in this country. I DO NOT agree with what the BNP or any other extremists stand for, but the best thing to do is to allow them to have their say, and then disagree with their opinion if that is how you feel. I do NOT condone inciting hatred, but see no problem with people stating their beliefs. Look how much we have put up with in allowing Islamic zealots not only to state their views, but to actually incite their followers to violence, and murder. I would stand up and be counted, in my view that immigration to this country is totally out of control, but would never countenance violence toward anyone. No one was being forced to attend this meeting.

Drop it already.

"Drop it already" sounds like a command issued to a dog, though what any reasonably educated dog would make of it I do not know.

"Drop it" means........... allow xxx to fall on the floor/release your grip on xxx/let go of xxx, but xxx is not defined.

"already" means............. in the past or earlier e.g. I have already had my tea/ I have already spoken to Sid.

This command, whatever it means, must be directed at me since I am the one cited in the "quote", so would I be justified in feeling offended having been address as though I were a dog?

Would it be unreasonable of me to go and complain to the mods about its offensiveness?