Forum home page.

andsome

This reply is in rich text editor. As before it is black as I type it. What, if any is supposed to be the advantage? :D

Now it is posted it shows blue in the forum, and blue while typing the edit. I still cannot see any difference on the finished page.?????

andsome - your post is all black on my browser - also tried Mozilla where it is black too.

Why not do a post with several lines of text in various colours - like this

This is red

This is blue

This is black

This is green

To see if there are any other inconsistencies with your posts.

(You are not wearing blue tinted specs are you...) :lol:

I am set to plain text by the way - Vista - IE7 - standard skin.

This reply is in rich text editor. As before it is black as I type it. What, if any is supposed to be the advantage? :D

Now it is posted it shows blue in the forum, and blue while typing the edit. I still cannot see any difference on the finished page.?????

Your post does not contain any BB code. You won't see this when in RTE but you will see it when doing a quick edit. Although you don't see the BB code when creating a post, in RTE you will see stuff go bold and go big and underline right before your eyes. As your post contains no BB code are you sure you are using RTE and if you are you are using correctly?

..... in RTE you will see stuff go bold and go big and underline right before your eyes. As your post contains no BB code are you sure you are using RTE and if you are you are using correctly?

I have just changed my board setting to RTE to check this method - never knew before what it meant.

Cor blimey - it works. As soon as I select some text and change the format it jumps into view. Previously I had to complete the post to see the results and then edit to get it right.

Thanks Chris - nice one. Once andsome masters it he will be able to post his mild diplomatic political comments in a mixture of formats - like large, comic sans, italic, underlined, technicolour text..... :lol: :lol:

My board settings say Rich text editor. As I type this it is very black, but once posted in Frosty skin it will be pale blue. I have always been able to select different colours, sizes and fonts even in standard editor.

This is RED, but when I changed it to red I did not see brackets round it stating that it was coloured etc. This is definitely easier to use and quicker.

This is green in Impact, underlined, size 4 and italic. :D

I vaguely recall a spate of marquee postings a couple or more years back that got a bit excessive. There were mutterings from mods that they might remove the facility if it got more prevalent because people with sight problems could be affected by the juddering text. The marquee postings then died off until andsome's new trial.

I quite like to see it used when appropriate and in moderation - but cannot indulge myself because I have quite forgotten how to do it and would be unable to spell "marquee" anyway.

I vaguely recall a spate of marquee postings a couple or more years back that got a bit excessive. There were mutterings from mods that they might remove the facility if it got more prevalent because people with sight problems could be affected by the juddering text. The marquee postings then died off until andsome's new trial.

I quite like to see it used when appropriate and in moderation - but cannot indulge myself because I have quite forgotten how to do it and would be unable to spell "marquee" anyway.

:lol: .