ISP recomendations anyone ?

Tankus

Once Ive got a roof over my head and my MAC number in my pocket ....I'll be starting from scratch ...... I used to be on Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange , but when orange took over my connection it occasionally dropped out for the odd half hour at a time ....So thats them out ..!...not too sure if I'm cable enabled ,plus Virgins aftersales is pants ! so its going to be via a phone line ....methinks

Anyone tried this BT vision thing with the hard drive WiFi setup ?

some recomendations would be nice

Avoid Onetel, Talktalk, AOL, Tiscali.

I rang Tiscali a week ago for a MAC. They said they would send it. Nothing arrived, so I rang them this morning.

The disembodied bimbo at the other end of the line said "Welcome to Tiscali Customer Care Centre" and after telling me about recording the message to be used .......etc. She told me the Customer Care Centre was open from Monday to Friday. So they obviously do not care for customers over the weekend, nor from tea time to breakfast time.

not too sure if I'm cable enabled ,plus Virgins aftersales is pants ! so its going to be via a phone line ....methinks

In the 5 or so years of telewest/virgin cable , I've spoken to customer service perhaps 4 times, quickly resolved any problems and refunded any call charges. Usually rocksolid speed at the quoted speed except when I've been torrenting several linux distros at once when traffic shaping has come into play.

I can't fault them, perhaps others in ex NTL arrears can chip in

hmmm...... cheers all ..I deal with virgin media as part of my job ....Ive not been impressed ..although its better than orange....... might have a closer look at the pricing , nearer the date ....

Remember that if it is still run the same as NTL was, each area is a franchise. Remember also that the 4MB plan is being upgraded area by area to 10MB at no extra cost. :D

Remember that if it is still run the same as NTL was, each area is a franchise.

Umm... that's long gone mate... no NTL, no Telewest, no franchises... ;)

Remember also that the 4MB plan is being upgraded area by area to 10MB at no extra cost. :D

Nobody else will be able to beat Virgin for speed... :D (I'm on 20MB atm, soon to be upped to 50 at no cost...)

Remember that if it is still run the same as NTL was, each area is a franchise.

Umm... that's long gone mate... no NTL, no Telewest, no franchises... ;)

Remember also that the 4MB plan is being upgraded area by area to 10MB at no extra cost. :D

Nobody else will be able to beat Virgin for speed... :D (I'm on 20MB atm, soon to be upped to 50 at no cost...)

Thanks for the info. :D