Gordon Brown to confront MPs over tax rebellion

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY THANKS. Europe has caused far too much trouble for us already, and the Lib dems won't be happy until we are 100% in that gravy train club. :angry:

We're already in too far as it is as we have signed away our ability to make some decisions affecting our borders - there's no going back now.

It needs someone with the courage to do just that, TAKE US OUT, once and for all. I don't suppose for one moment that we would be invaded and occupied as a result. :D

NO WAY THANKS. Europe has caused far too much trouble for us already, and the Lib dems won't be happy until we are 100% in that gravy train club. :angry:

We're already in too far as it is as we have signed away our ability to make some decisions affecting our borders - there's no going back now.

It needs someone with the courage to do just that, TAKE US OUT, once and for all. I don't suppose for one moment that we would be invaded and occupied as a result. :D

I don't think we can do that anymore, as thanks to Brown and Blair, we have signed away our veto rights :(

I don't think we can do that anymore, as thanks to Brown and Blair, we have signed away our veto rights :(

What could the rest of Europe do if someone had the courage to take us out?

Broons got a big problem ...his spend spend spend policy in the last 8 years to make him look "good" is now maturing to repayment ....he staggered repayments in post dated tax increments , and blew the money there and then ....also he based increased revenue on the fantasy of extended GDP growth giving a continually higher payback ...

10p tax, fuel and probably a few others in the small print are kicking in to fill the hole ... Even if the Tories get in ...they are going to have a big problem to sort out ...the correction is going to be similar to Thatchers early days ....her legacy has been in prudently squandered... there are probably a few more stinkers in the small print ..yet to come

trouble ahead regardless who is on the tiller ...Gordons tied their hands for the near future

What could the rest of Europe do if someone had the courage to take us out?

I would imagine that they could fine the UK government as a treaty was signed which is a legally binding agreement :unsure:

It's like with the EU agreement on how much rubbish the UK needs to recycle, if we don't hit the target, then we could get fined (or rather the UK government would)

Broons got a big problem ...his spend spend spend policy in the last 8 years to make him look "good" is now maturing to repayment

Also his tax, tax, tax policy and his policy on borrowing which has added billions to the UK debt mountain :(

he staggered repayments in post dated tax increments , and blew the money there and then ....also he based increased revenue on the fantasy of extended GDP growth giving a continually higher payback ...

Also due to the credit crunch and slowing economy, the treasury will get less tax revenue as consumers tighten their belts and spend less and this on top of the GDP growth slowdown will leave a massive black hole in the governments finances!

I would imagine that they could fine the UK government as a treaty was signed which is a legally binding agreement :unsure:

It's like with the EU agreement on how much rubbish the UK needs to recycle, if we don't hit the target, then we could get fined (or rather the UK government would)

And what would they do if we didn't pay the fine? (The government has no money so they can not pay)

Would they send us all to prison? Or may be bomb us? They certainly would not want the trouble of coming and "occupying" us, It would cost them too much in "benefits" and sorting out the natives from the immigrants.

And what would they do if we didn't pay the fine? (The government has no money so they can not pay)

Would they send us all to prison? Or may be bomb us? They certainly would not want the trouble of coming and "occupying" us, It would cost them too much in "benefits" and sorting out the natives from the immigrants.

This is exactly the point I am making. We could get out tomorrow. France for one, calls us the bad man of Europe because we argue with much of the legislation. However, we are daft enough to obey it all. They on the other hand, argue in favour and then do as they please.

I just saw a bit of Paxo last night. He was "interviewing" Hazel Blears . A strange little girl.

She just reminds me of one of those things that pops it head over the wall an spits at you.

What did Cyclops say "A government of all the talents"?

Another monstrous monocular mistake. The village girl guides would do better.

This is exactly the point I am making. We could get out tomorrow. France for one, calls us the bad man of Europe because we argue with much of the legislation. However, we are daft enough to obey it all. They on the other hand, argue in favour and then do as they please.

Correction - the Labour government is daft as they signed up to the EU treaty and didn't keep their manifesto pledge (at the last general election) to hold a referendum on Europe :angry:

The reason I suspect is that Labour knew that the referendum would be voted against and we all know how Labour loves to be in control.

Talking of tax rebellion (as in the thread title)

Article

Article

Brown and Labour try to blame the credit crunch for the recent local election fiasco and say that they have no control over it which is partly true but I feel that the public (and business) are fed up with Labours' high taxation policies.

I believe that New Labour have been found out and are still the same Labour party of old i.e. a high tax, high spend and 'nanny state' party :(

Brown and co. are part of the reason for the credit problem. House buyers get a house they can not afford by mortgaging their future. Brown and co. get hospitals, schools, etc by mortgaging the country's future and calling it PFI.

(Pure F...... Incompetence)

Brown and co. are part of the reason for the credit problem. House buyers get a house they can not afford by mortgaging their future. Brown and co. get hospitals, schools, etc by mortgaging the country's future and calling it PFI.

(Pure F...... Incompetence)

Yes the UK economy was growing every year based on consumer credit and now with the 'credit crunch' and consumers having to rein in spending, the tax revenue has lessened so the government is devising more ways to make up the shortfall i.e. stealth taxes like for example the hated bin tax.

I just saw a bit of Paxo last night. He was "interviewing" Hazel Blears . A strange little girl.

She just reminds me of one of those things that pops it head over the wall an spits at you.

The best part was when he interviewed another minister, I forget the name. Not ONE single question was given a straight answer. What a devious bunch of nincompoops that all are.

The best part was when he interviewed another minister, I forget the name. Not ONE single question was given a straight answer. What a devious bunch of nincompoops that all are.

That's par for the course andsome. None of them answer a question directly :angry:

The one that I remember as giving the most evasive answers, which went on for several minutes, was the 'egg' woman, Edwina Currie . Paxo was all but tearing his hair out :0

That's par for the course andsome. None of them answer a question directly :angry:

The one that I remember as giving the most evasive answers, which went on for several minutes, was the 'egg' woman, Edwina Currie . Paxo was all but tearing his hair out :0

I remember it well. :lol:

tol-logo.gif

4CF07524-FBDF-DB99-42DECAB43E07577D.jpg

the trollope strikes back

Brilliant. :lol: