Heading for Meltdown?

Watchful

It is only a matter of time before we see "open" interference and control applied to the internet by "government".

I suspect the only reason it has not been subjected to some sort of tax is so that it;s take up is quicker and more widespread.

Once it reaches a critical size those who know "what is best" for us" will then "Use" it for "our own good".

It is only a matter of time before we see "open" interference and control applied to the internet by "government".

I suspect the only reason it has not been subjected to some sort of tax is so that it;s take up is quicker and more widespread.

Once it reaches a critical size those who know "what is best" for us" will then "Use" it for "our own good".

Since reading that the BBC are to stream BBC1 online, I wouldn't put it past the government to bring out an internet tax as their argument would be that people who don't have a TV licence but own a PC can therefore stream BBC1 (when the service launches) and also access the BBC website itself.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=809285

The more worrying aspect for me is the malicious element getting more and more clever re phishing etc. The tool for knowledge and fun is increasingly being used by the criminal element.

Also, regarding overload, probably half the links on Google are no longer in use but still taking up space. A wholesale clear-out is needed.

Like it or not, some sort of control will be necessary.

The more worrying aspect for me is the malicious element getting more and more clever re phishing etc. The tool for knowledge and fun is increasingly being used by the criminal element.

It is a sad, but true, fact that every thing gets permeated by the criminal element. Even the organisations set up to prevent and control crime become infected. There are even lots of bent MPs and coppers, as we keep finding out.

This government has well and truly been permeated by the criminal element, but unfortunately no has so far been prosecuted. :D

I am constantly concerned about the "lobbying" groups.

"Lobbying" and Lobbyists" seem to have become an acceptable part of Westminster, but they seems to me to be something akin to bribing a judge or a juror. The MP is supposed to be representing the interests of the constituents who voted for him, not the interests of the company/organisation/person who promises him a sinecure directorship or a position on the board at retirement or even a brown envelope.

Interfering with the course of justice is a serious imprisonable offence and so to should be lobbying.

What is the point of 'democracy' if it can be lobbied against.

This government has well and truly been permeated by the criminal element, but unfortunately no has so far been prosecuted. :D

I am constantly concerned about the "lobbying" groups.

"Lobbying" and Lobbyists" seem to have become an acceptable part of Westminster, but they seems to me to be something akin to bribing a judge or a juror. The MP is supposed to be representing the interests of the constituents who voted for him, not the interests of the company/organisation/person who promises him a sinecure directorship or a position on the board at retirement or even a brown envelope.

Interfering with the course of justice is a serious imprisonable offence and so to should be lobbying.

What is the point of 'democracy' if it can be lobbied against.

I agree with you about lobbying. Harassment would be a more fitting word. :angry:

AGREED!

Since reading that the BBC are to stream BBC1 online, I wouldn't put it past the government to bring out an internet tax as their argument would be that people who don't have a TV licence but own a PC can therefore stream BBC1 (when the service launches) and also access the BBC website itself.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=809285

The TV Licence already covers Computers under the Any apparatus capable of receiving Radio or Television Transmissions. They did this a few years back in the day's you could get away with not having a TV licence by telling them you did not own a TV. Now though, you may still not own a TV but if any apparatus in the house is capable of receiving a Radio Transmitted Signal or Visual Transmitted Signal you must have a licence.

If you read the back of your licence it explains. :angry:

This is going off-topic now. It's not whether you pay for it or not, it's whether there will be total gridlock of the airwaves with all the info, including lots of junk, which is out there :blink:

Everyone with a website should do a spring-clean and get rid of all unnecessary data.