The Hutton Enquiry.

mark2

• 2 weeks later...

Greg Dyke points out, now that he is free to so do, that the Hutton Report contains one recommendation by which the rest of it may be judged. Hutton recommends that news media, in reporting leaks and 'whistle blowing', should confirm the truth of the accusations before reporting them. This, in effect, would stifle the freedom of the press.

To make such a recommendation places Hutton squarely amidst the ranks of those who favour secrecy in government. A BBC poll, reported early this morning, shows an increased percentage of distrust in the government since the Hutton Report was published. Around 70% interviewed believed the report to be a whitewash.

Portillos names been branded about ........ B'liars going to have to be careful about the cronyism charge .......... might be a surprising choice

But then again he may just show his usual utter contempt and put the Swinging brazilian salsa dancer in place .....

I did not think that this government could plummet any deeper into the sess pit , but Ive got to be honest .....The Hutton report is a new low .........

Seeing and hearing B'liar on TV is now actually starting to make my skin crawl .....

Hearing Campbell (an ex Maxwell butty boy)gleefully going on about the BBC not getting the news and stories 100% accurate ,and that more heads should roll ..Is just beyond a farce....

Hutton should hang his head in shame , But then he was chosen by B'liar , the terms of reference chosen by B'liar the narrow confines of the investigation , chosen by B'liar , I guess its no real surprise in the end that the poodles poodle sat up and begged ......

I was hoping for more independence .....

fat chance

what a total and utter disgrace

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/3442825.stm

It is not often you hear hundreds upon hundreds of staff affectionately chanting the name of their departing boss, or yelling at the tops of their voices "come back!"

But within hours of director general Greg Dyke's resignation on Thursday, there were unprecedented scenes of spontaneous support and raw emotion from BBC employees outside Television Centre

I think that the opinions of the vast majority of BBC workers were obvious by the applause for Dyke as he walked out of the building. Are we really surprised by what has happened???? The day after the report was published, two very intelligent sounding men were interviewed, they had both attended every session of the enquiry. They both stated that they wondered if Hutton had actually BEEN AT the same enquiry as them.

I read somewhere that Chris Patten, finishes his stint in Brussels shortly, is in the frame for Chairman of the Governors.

Now as a tory who could complain about cronysm. The fact that he has gone native at Brussels and is rabid pro EU is just a coincidence. Give him a knighthood and we will all think he is of the great and good. (no chance )

:o :P :D

rowdy

Even the Norwegians are getting into the "we love Tony act"

OSLO (Reuters) - President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair are among nominees for the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize before a Sunday deadline for nominations despite failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
from a link

http://www.msn.co.uk/news/Default.asp?Ath=f

WTF two warmongers and peace !!!!!!