How to use a cd cleaner

silver

Okay, so i got this cleaner. but i have no idea how to use it. i mean, i know to stick the disc in my drive. but before i do do, do i enter Windows Media Player and then put the disc in the drive? What? oh, anolther thing, the instruction says: if using a computer CD-Rom drive, be sure to program the drive for "audio mode". Okay. So what the #@&Q! does that mean???????

Could you please copy the instructions from the CD cleaner packaging and post them on here so that we can help you.

Okay. First, thanks for respnding. the instructions are this:

1. remove the laser lens disc from the case.

2. place disc in Cd compatment. Note: if using a computer CD-Rom drive, be sure to program the drive for "audio play" mode.

3. select track 1, if necessary, and press player's "PLAY" botton. when prompted, select track 3 and press "PLAY" again

As i continue to read about this, I'm wondering if i bought the right thing. i bought one that says CD LASER LENS CLEANER. what i want to clean is my dvd drive. i've been having trouble viewing dvds. i read about cleaning my computer, so i cleaned my computer the other day. my dvd plays better than before but i think it needs to be cleaned further. so i bought the cleaner, but i beginning to wonder if it's the right one.

Just put it in the drive, if you can normally hear music it will be all right, it's the instructions you need to hear.

Well, i did that. i hear nothing. someone else said to do the same thing. I asked if i had to go into WMP to use this thing. they said just to put into my drive, my computer would automatically recognized it. if it didn't, go into MY COMPUTER, click on my drive and then clic the program for cleaning disks. No idea what she meant.

go into MY COMPUTER, click on my drive and then clic the program for cleaning disks. No idea what she meant.

In my computer you have all the drives listed, your DVD drive is the one under devices with removable storage and it should be the name of your cleaner if the cleaner is in the drive, click or double click it and it should run. Is this what you needed to know?

go into MY COMPUTER, click on my drive and then clic the program for cleaning disks. No idea what she meant.

In my computer you have all the drives listed, your DVD drive is the one under devices with removable storage and it should be the name of your cleaner if the cleaner is in the drive, click or double click it and it should run. Is this what you needed to know?

I did everything you instructed, but no go. well,i guess there is something more i have to do but i just don't know enough, actually almost nothing, about computers to knolw what that something is. i'll just use my compressed air and blow into the drive and hope that works. i read i could do that, no? i don't have to unpug it or disconnect the cables just turn it off before doing it?

thanks for trying to help.

I would never use anything like this. It is rare that they do any good and I have known one (a brush type) which was used wrongly and displaced the laser in the drive.

Is this a desktop machine? If so, optical drives are not expensive and I would always opt for replacement of the drive rather than mess around in failing attempts to clean it up.

I would never use anything like this. It is rare that they do any good and I have known one (a brush type) which was used wrongly and displaced the laser in the drive.

Is this a desktop machine? If so, optical drives are not expensive and I would always opt for replacement of the drive rather than mess around in failing attempts to clean it up.

Sounds sensible to me. Even I have managed to replace the when required. :D

• 2 weeks later...