Microsoft Ended Free Windows XP Support April 14th

Irene

I wonder how many people have used this Microsoft service?

I wonder what proportion of users actually knew this service was available?

There are a number of forums like this one around and loads of Internet advice pages to help anyone who may be stuck when using XP so the loss of this support won't mean very much in the everyday scheme of things.

Well I've always imagined Microsoft to be one of those companies who didn't like it when their customers liked their newer services given out... This is very similar to most other companies but Microsoft has their own forceful tactics about themselves. I bet they're pushing Windows 7 onto their new services by doing this, slightly, or if they realise it won't work, shoving them in the dark past...

At least they have until 2014 to change their obstinate minds.

Its no just M$ who are so stubborn. For those who do the grocery shopping - manufacturers constantly change things - packaging is the worse - cant find what you want and why spend all that money updating a package we all know and look for anyway.

I get so fed up with what I want being deleted for new Thai or some lousy receipe that doesn't sell and a month or two later back comes the old basic we all buy and love to eat. Meanwhile have to go hunt in another shop for it - grrrr....

Beats me I just put it all down to Gen Y - used to say it was the Russians spreading grumble dust until the wall came down and we realized they were like the Wizard of Oz in reality :lol:

XP is the best system they have come up with ever - why on earth having spread it all over the globe and lions share - keep on changing it when they haven't actually stopped the insecurity of any OS system seemingly - and we have to have so many patches.

:censored: