What is the most delayed e-mail you have received.

Alan2273

Are you sure that they weren't sent by me - according to some on this forum I am regularly getting the date wrong..................rolleyes.gif

On a serious note - yesterday my Outlook Email kept asking me to enter my user name and password and refused to connect to my ISP. I re-booted the computer and all was then OK - except that Outlook proceded to download about 50 old Emails I had already downloaded and either filed or deleted. They went back just a couple of weeks - not years as in your case.

Today I received 7 e-mails that were all dated 08/05/2007.

When I first looked at them I did not spot the date and as nearly all of them were for purchases, I wondered what was going on.

Has anyone else had this happen to them.

Interesting. Had you received them before, after you originally made those purchases?

You don't say which e-mail service you are using and whether you're also using an e-mail client. If you are, and it's Outlook Express, it's well known for its eccentricities, as others have remarked. Since I changed from OE to Windows Live, I've had no weird things happen to my email.

On the subject of receiving old emails - I had a funny experience with my Incredimail program that I am not sure happens on all,

I always ask for a receipt. And seemingly because of that if it gets deleted without being read - it sends me back a message saying this is what has happened.

Got one several years old from the then female Sports Minister who let them take football off the must keep on free to air television - now mainly on Pay TV. :angry:

Interesting :D

Not received but sent. I use MSGTAG which sends a read receipt when mail sent by me has been opened.

I had a MSGTAG stating 1,841 days - and a number of hours, minutes and seconds had elapsed between sending and being opened.

Today I received 7 e-mails that were all dated 08/05/2007.

When I first looked at them I did not spot the date and as nearly all of them were for purchases, I wondered what was going on.

Has anyone else had this happen to them.

I suspect that it is an ISP server glitch.

Do you recall receiving them previously - although it is a long time ago to remember. :rolleyes:

Not received but sent. I use MSGTAG which sends a read receipt when mail sent by me has been opened.

I had a MSGTAG stating 1,841 days - and a number of hours, minutes and seconds had elapsed between sending and being opened.

I had a similar experience with a whole batch of Emails - it was immediately after the MSGTAG server had been up and down for a few days.