Google Chrome

jpd

After I installed and use google chrome... the 'windows media player'(at least I believe it's the WMP plugin) icon on my bros. website will not appear correctly. The song plays correctly, but the wmp 'object' (for lack of a better word) does not appear 'useable' and hence I am not able to stop, pause, or replay the song. I reinstalled 'windows media player and flash' plug ins but no changed.

I never had this problem in Internet Explorer. I changed to 'chrome' bc it was a MUCH faster browser (and simpler, from what I've experienced so far).

Signed,

Confused

Not a direct response to your enquiry but, WMP is way down my list of choices for a media player.

There are lots of others around which, I'm fairly sure, have better Chrome compatibility.

Open source VideoLan is a good one to try for a starter. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Not a direct response to your enquiry but, WMP is way down my list of choices for a media player.

There are lots of others around which, I'm fairly sure, have better Chrome compatibility.

Open source VideoLan is a good one to try for a starter. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Nice one pops. I love Windows 7, but since installing it I sometimes receive e mails with videos and they won't play. I have to right click and save to desk top, then right click and select a program to play them in as WMP won't play WMV files. This one is now my default player and plays the lot. THANKS.B) B) B)

Well... I think I misworded my previous problem. I have background music at my brother's website (I put his website together for him using Homestead Web Design). When I open the website with IE, the music was/is fine and the 'music player' works fine, but with chrome... it doesn't work properly. I'm not sure what to make of it. When I open the webpage in lieu of the object that plays the music... the words... 'plug in needed' is there. I just assumed it was the Windows Media Player plug in that I needed, but maybe I'm wrong with that assumption. Now thats just the beginning of it. I have the SAME music at my website (that I designed with the same webdesigner) and when I navigate to my website... the background music is playing...but the actual music player is not operable (I can't hit stop, play, or pause). But the the music is fine and playing. I think I need a plug in to fix both problems, but I'm not sure what plug in I need for chrome.

I don't know Chrome; I use Firefox. When Firefox finds that a plugin is missing, it will give me a link to the plugin download. Doesn't Chrome do that, or at least name the missing plugin?

From what I've experienced with my website...it hasn't. It just states... 'Missing Plug In'.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WMP plugins work on opera, safari, and FIREFOX.

If it's a chrome bug, go tell google, they might know a fix (be it site-side or client side) to resolve this, if they can't find one they might look into fixing it in an upcoming chrome release. Firefox is still king of the browsers, tho, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using chorme from a long time never had such issue, it is much faster then any other browser. you should try reinstalling it.

False.

Opera is the fastest browser by default configuration, but it punishes servers by default, too.

You see, browsers load content at a rate consistent with two factors, data transfer speed, and render speed.

Now, opera uses multiple connection pipes (all browsers do) to get the speed, however Opera uses somewhere over 30, which forces the server to divide the content between the content, which is another processing thread. Chrome, I know for certain, uses fewer pipes by default, but about: config -> network.http.pipelining.maxrequests is the same exact thing in firefox. It's merely a matter of default settings.

In some web publication I was reading a while ago, the Firefox 4 web rendering engine rendered content faster than webkit (Chrome, Opera, and safari's content render environment), but it used significantly more ram.

tl;dr despite the advertising hinting towards it being fastest, chrome is not. It's not the fastest in either of the categories (by default).

• 2 weeks later...

I use Chrome , IE9 and FF4 in Windows 7. Chrome can be faster but it crashes too often, especially with plugins etc installed.

I have not used latest version of Opera yet, but I have heard on so many places and seen comparison-graphs that Opera is the fastest.

So far I am impressed with the stability of IE9 though, only issue with IE9 is that some CSS5 things are not displayed in IE9 as they used to be displayed on FF and Chrome.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use Chrome , IE9 and FF4 in Windows 7. Chrome can be faster but it crashes too often, especially with plugins etc installed.

I have not used latest version of Opera yet, but I have heard on so many places and seen comparison-graphs that Opera is the fastest.

So far I am impressed with the stability of IE9 though, only issue with IE9 is that some CSS5 things are not displayed in IE9 as they used to be displayed on FF and Chrome.

I don't like to make the browser heavy unless the plugin is necessary. The chrome is good in all respect except the memory usage. Comparatively it uses more memory with is the problem for PC hardware. The version of chrome always changes and the older version of the same are difficult to find in file servers in internet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with pops. But still, what has Chrome to do with WMP? I bet you have some other serious problems with Internet Explorer.

Anyway, take pops advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Google Chrome is a web browser like Internet Explorer. It is very simple. There is an address bar, tabs bar, forward and back buttons, and settings. It is easy to use and has some nice features. For instance, you can type a search into the address bar instead of having to go to google.com. Sometimes online applications are a little slow with it, but for normal websites it's very fast. However, you can get Mozilla Firefox and go into the address bar and type about:config and then search pipelining and set all of the options to true and set max requests to 40 and it goes as fast as Google Chrome. Firefox feels a lot like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome feels a lot like Safari.