I'm running on a Windows Vista 32-bit and I just recently received the FBI Moneypak virus. I used Norton's Power Eraser to get rid of all potential virus files on my computer. Unfortunately, in doing this, I deleted an important file and now my computer won't turn on in anything but Safe Mode. The good news is that Power Eraser will let me restore any deleted files I want. I just don't know which ones are bad, and which are good. Here are the files:

n (shell extension)

7ca835.exe (startup item)

alin.exe (startup item)

mseoah.exe (startup item)

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Windows Forum. Do you receive any error message(s) when you try to start Windows in normal mode?

Actually, I CAN launch in normal mode if I'm running through a recovery disk, but when I try to run through the Hard Drive I get a blue screen error message that says BAD_POOL_CALLER. Thanks for the response!

I would reinstall Windows, and having done that download ACRONIS and make a mirror image to a plug in hard drive. I would never be without ACRONIS. There are free programs but I am not willing to try them having such success with ACRONIS.

The good news is that Power Eraser will let me restore any deleted files I want. I just don't know which ones are bad, and which are good. Here are the files:

n (shell extension)

7ca835.exe (startup item)

alin.exe (startup item)

mseoah.exe (startup item)

The good news is that one can restore them all and then remove them one-by-one to see what is what.... :)