How to get security updates for Windows XP until April 2019

• 1 year later...

Good link I'll pass it on to mates who still run XP and are busy resisting W10 like many on W7 W8.1  dont remember such a resistance on other change overs and to buy a new computer today all loaded with it and so have to go buy off of E Bay like i did as left W7 a bit late as clung to XP. 

And have you seen the prices asked on E Bay for W7 :whistling:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Why are you digging up old dead threads?  Do you lack anything original and of interest?

I would not encourage anyone to retain Windows XP unless they were experts at computing and enjoyed a daily battle with malware - which most are not.

Windows 10 is the future - get used to it. 

Well I'm still in the land of the living and loving using W7.   And a Happy New Year to you all.?

I own my computer - still using the 2013 one - Gigabyte and its fine. I also paid for W7 software to go onto it.

As for 10 - I suspected MS had own reasons for giving it away. - I mean who in business gives away millions if not billion or so for no return? So the return is...........................they know what you do every minute of the time on line.

And also control what programs you can install. 

That's my main reason for not using it.   If and when they stop patching it - well in the lap of the Gods.

Lamb Chop- Nice to see you back here again.

I am not aware that Microsoft are giving away free copies of Windows 10 or even offering free updates from Win 7 and Win 8 any more.

There are quite a few unauthorised sellers of Microsoft software on Ebay selling license keys - but Microsoft are stamping down on them and freezing illegal software bought by gullible people.

As I mentioned in another recent post here - Windows 10 is the future and people clinging to Win XP, Win 7 and Win 8 are going to face increased malware threats as MS support for the older platforms is phased out. 

I may well be in the minority - but I consider that Windows 10 is the best version of Windows they have produced - and I have tried all of them since its inception as Windows 1.0 in 1985. 

Microsoft are constantly updating Windows 10 and adding more useful features. Frequent security patches are issued to keep abreast of the malware that is getting more prevalent, more sophisticated and more damaging by the day. This will never end - there will always be malevolent Countries, political/commercial scumbags and hackers attempting to take advantage of Internet connected computers, phones and other devices..

2 hours ago, AlanHo said:

Lamb Chop- Nice to see you back here again.

Ditto & happy new year to all forum reprobates young old male female trans hairy bald fat thin etc. Anybody feeling missed out please accept my appleoogies I'm approaching decrepitude at a rate of knots and have a multitude of stone aged attitudes that I can't shift.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 9:11 PM, Fikl Ojer said:

hello

After 12 years, support for Windows XP will end on April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or Microsoft provided technical support for the Windows XP operating system.

yeah of course, windows XP is already part of history, even windows 7 was already part of history now. 😁

the only way to get the now is through unconventional methods, though I'm not sure what you'd use winows XP for.

• 6 months later...

Mainstream support for Windows XP ended on April 14, 2009, and extended support ended on April 8, 2014. Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, based on Windows XP Professional, received security updates until April 2019. After that, unofficial methods were made available to apply the updates to other editions of Windows XP.

• Boris locked this topic