Windows 10 - unveiled

Boris

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

M$ held a conference 21/1/15 re W10. Release later this year. Could be around October.

Free Upgrade to users of 7. 8 or 8.1 for one year from date of official release. :drinks:

Good news eh. ( I hope anyway and if one waits for most of that year well it will have had its gremlins ironed out - you think?)

:D

Dont know if I told you guys but had all sorts of troubles with W7 - bought family pack 1 x32 1 x 64 3 licenses. Put 32 bit on old computer - not happy, bought new fast 64 bit computer tower (Gigabyte) and used second - not right at all - bought another disc and that didn't sit well.

Fed up thinking why do I get these problems, found the Help Desk on M$ website which for $80 said will sort it out.

They tried couldn't then upgraded the OS and it has been smooth sailing ever since no problems.

Well if so, of my making ha ha. :rolleyes:

So I expect it will go smoothly as they will be doing millions eh! Few gremlins always popup - crossing not for me - had my fair share B)

Let's hope they are getting Windows 10 right this time. If you can recall windows 7 was "The Operating System To Get" as it was built from the ground up, so they said. Look at the problems people have had with that.

Windows 7 was "The Operating System To Get" as it was built from the ground up, so they said.

I don't think anybody ever said that. Vista was Windows 6.0, and Windows "7" was in reality 6.1. But it was a vast improvement over Vista; never had the slightest problem with it.

Nothing to stop you having W10 on a partition is there free and then they will patch it etc?-

or wont work?

I've still got a computer with Win 7 on it 32 bit which could do the job then image it for Ron :devil:

Its one of the copies that just didnt work as it should and anyway not fast enough and not enough RAM. :ranting:

Currently acts a table fo rmy monitor as like it higher than desk top.