Adobe Flash Player in Firefox

johnoo

I'm trying to use a certain web site using Firefox Browser. The web site is the BT Wholesale Speed Checker

F.Fox will not allow this to run as I have not got Adobe Flash Player installed.

But when I come to install AFP it also trys to install some Mcfee anti virus software that I do not want.

So how do I get AFP without these add ons?

Or should I just forget about AFP/does it cause problems?

1 hour ago, Gandalph said:

The only thing I can suggest johnoo is go directly to Adobe website for the download. To many of these other sites try to bundle other software into the downloads. HTH

Thanks, but I did go direct to the Adobe site.

I've now given up on this!

I'm very surprised that Adobe are bundling other manufacturers software in with there downloads. I just updated mine a couple of day's ago and it went smooth. No bundled software at all. 

28 minutes ago, Gandalph said:

I'm very surprised that Adobe are bundling other manufacturers software in with there downloads. I just updated mine a couple of day's ago and it went smooth. No bundled software at all. 

Just tried again, out of interest, & in addition to downloading Adobe Flash it also trys to download McFee Security scan plus & True Key by Intel.

I aborted & will get to the web site I want via Win 10 Edge or IE

• 6 years later...

I'm trying to use a certain web site using Firefox Browser. The web site is the BT Wholesale Speed Checker

F.Fox will not allow this to run as I have not got Adobe Flash Player installed. 

But when I come to install AFP it also trys to install some Mcfee anti virus software that I do not want.

So how do I get AFP without these add ons?

Or should I just forget about AFP/does it cause problems? please i am very worry

As Adobe Flash Player is obsolete and has been for a couple of years the general advice from Adobe is to uninstall it, which I have and that brings up another issue I can run BT Speedchecker on Firefox without AFP. So can't say what your issue is. Which version of Firefox do you have installed ?

• 2 weeks later...

The web site is the BT Wholesale Speed Checker

If BT wholesale speed checker is the website, I looked it up on google and this is the current URL: https://speedtest.btwholesale.com

and as far as I can tell, it works swimmingly and properly, it looks good and modern now, doesn't require flash anymore, probably runs on HTML5, CSS, and javascript now. 😉

I also ran it on the most current version of firefox as of august 2022.

I even ran a speedtest.

I also found a recent relevant article on the site redesign in case someone needs it: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/04/bt-wholesale-uk-broadband-checker-gets-new-lick-of-paint.html