Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
johnoo

Adobe Flash Player in Firefox

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to use a certain web site using Firefox Browser. The web site is the BT Wholesale Speed Checker

F.Fox will not allow this to run as I have not got Adobe Flash Player installed.

But when I come to install AFP it also trys to install some Mcfee anti virus software that I do not want.

So how do I get AFP without these add ons?

Or should I just forget about AFP/does it cause problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I can suggest johnoo is go directly to Adobe website for the download. To many of these other sites try to bundle other software into the downloads. HTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gandalph said:

The only thing I can suggest johnoo is go directly to Adobe website for the download. To many of these other sites try to bundle other software into the downloads. HTH

Thanks, but I did go direct to the Adobe site.

I've now given up on this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very surprised that Adobe are bundling other manufacturers software in with there downloads. I just updated mine a couple of day's ago and it went smooth. No bundled software at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gandalph said:

I'm very surprised that Adobe are bundling other manufacturers software in with there downloads. I just updated mine a couple of day's ago and it went smooth. No bundled software at all. 

Just tried again, out of interest, & in addition to downloading Adobe Flash it also trys to download McFee Security scan plus & True Key by Intel.

I aborted & will get to the web site I want via Win 10 Edge or IE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can untick the other software and just download flash - that's what I did last month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

You can untick the other software and just download flash - that's what I did last month.

OK, many thanks got it & done it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy