Windows 10 Favorites Problem/Anniversary Update

johnoo

I have the original version of Win. 10 installed, version 1511.

I keep getting a problem where complete favourite folders & their contents get deleted.

Today it occurred again so I deleted all of the favourites from Win 10 & tried to reinstall from Internet Explorer.

This failed.

All of the Folders were reinstalled but most were empty of web sites.

I have not yet been "invited" to install the Anniversary update, number 1607, of Win 10.

But I'm looking for advise on this new version

1 Has the Favourites bug been cured?

2 Would it be best to manually install this new version now before being invited, or wait?

Hope some experts can advise

There have been 3 more cumulative updates issued since the Anniversary Update was released - I am unaware of any stated changes to the Edge problems - but who nows ? :smile:

You will need to read the release notes for these three for illumination (if there is any !)  :-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Capture.JPG

Thanks to you all.

I have now found, by looking at the Microsoft forum, that the problem of Edge losing data has not been solved on version 1607.

So I will not yet install this.

Also another problem has occurred with Edge Favourites, this being that the Import from IE does not function correctly. It imports the Favourites Folders but most are not populated with the individual web sites.

So my action is to go back to using IE 11 & investigate use of Firefox.

many thanks

Strange that. I have not had a problem importing IE favourites into Edge. My problem is that they arrive in a dissimilar order.

On my computers I have either two partitions or two hard drives - one [C] for Windows and all software and the other [D] for all data and documents.

I configure Windows so that the default Documents, Downloads, Videos, Pictures etc folders are moved to the [D] drive. I am also able to move the IE Favourites folder to the [D] drive.

You may ask why....

It is because I am a huge fan of a backup software called "Second Copy" which copies to a back-up drive selected Partitions, Folders or Files - but it only copies across any files that have changed since the previous back-up. I configure it to back up my [D] drive every time the computer is shut down. It adds only  about 30 seconds to the shut-down time because it only copies new files and those that have changed since the last shut-down.  Whilst it is possible to also back Up the [C] drive with Second Copy  - this is a much bigger task because so many files get used and changed each time you use the computer.

I use Acronis to back up my [C] drive weekly.

This set-up makes it easy to maintain up-to-date data backups and be able to restore just the [C] drive in the event of a calamity

Because my IE Favourites are stored on the [D] drive - they get automatically backed up by Second Copy. Not only that - it is easy to edit, move and delete favourites using Windows Explorer directly in the favourites folder on the [D] drive.

The Edge favourites are stored in the bowels of the [C] drive and seemingly cannot be moved to the [D] drive.  I have not been able to easily edit them without using the third party software I mentioned in my previous post.

Alan/All,

The problem of reimporting only started (for me) yesterday. after losing data I deleted all of the favorites Folders & intended to do a complete Reinstall from IE & I had the problem.

Lucky I have "Edge Manager" installed so I then did a reinstall with that, & it worked.

But until Edge gets stable I'm going back to IE 11/F.Fox 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

My multifunction printer is an Epson WorkForce Pro WF-7820. It worked fine with Windows 10, but some features have stopped working since downloading and installing Windows 11. I can still print to the device but not scan to it. When I try to scan, I get the message "connection with unit has failed, check connection." Prints perfectly again. I checked and downloaded the most recent drivers, and I restarted the computer and printer with no success. I have gone through many blogs from the. I got some ideas but still I need help on this. I have found some MS service center details on this web site. here is the link https://www.repair-service-center.com/lg/lg-service-center.php

Help me out