IE Layout Again

AlanHo

My last post in the other thread is somehow corrupted and I cannot delete or edit it - it just locks up. Hence this new post

This is the layout that I refer to. Note the Edge type symbols top right with a Star to open the list of favourites which opens to the right of the screen. Like Edge - the favourites are in almost random order with folders and individual ones mixed up.

IELayout.jpg

A few hours ago I shut down the computer and when I re-booted a couple of hours later IE looked as before with the menu bar available and my favourite button saying "Favourites". Click on that and my favourites appear to the left of the screen with those in folders mixed up with individual ones. Previously the folders appeared first on the list in alpha order and the individual ones listed below in any order you dragged and dropped them

I have just booted the computer again and this hybrid version of IE has appeared again. This time I noticed a smilie in the top right row - when you hover over it a message appears saying "Tell us what you think". Click on it and two smilies appear - one with the text "send a smile and the other "Send a frown"

This leads me to think it's a beta version that kicks in randomly for you to vote on.

9 hours ago, AlanHo said:

My last post in the other thread is somehow corrupted and I cannot delete or edit it - it just locks up. Hence this new post

This is the layout that I refer to. Note the Edge type symbols top right with a Star to open the list of favourites which opens to the right of the screen. Like Edge - the favourites are in almost random order with folders and individual ones mixed up.

IELayout.jpg

A few hours ago I shut down the computer and when I re-booted a couple of hours later IE looked as before with the menu bar available and my favourite button saying "Favourites". Click on that and my favourites appear to the left of the screen with those in folders mixed up with individual ones. Previously the folders appeared first on the list in alpha order and the individual ones listed below in any order you dragged and dropped them

I have just booted the computer again and this hybrid version of IE has appeared again. This time I noticed a smilie in the top right row - when you hover over it a message appears saying "Tell us what you think". Click on it and two smilies appear - one with the text "send a smile and the other "Send a frown"

This leads me to think it's a beta version that kicks in randomly for you to vote on.

I've had the same updates as you, and my Menu Bar is unchanged.

Capture.JPG

• 3 months later...