What is difference between Mysql & Mysqli

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The "i" stands for "improved".

MySQLi is the OOP version of MySQL extension. In the end, MySQLi and MySQL accomplish the same thing: they are extension for interacting with MySQL from PHP. A lot of people still use the original MySQL extension instead of the new MySQLi extension because MySQLi requires MySQL 4.1.13+ and PHP 5.0.7+ .

MySQLi supports some things that the old MySQL extension doesn't.

http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.overview.php should explain all the differences.

On 27/03/2018 at 8:21 PM, lindawebb said:

The "i" stands for "improved".

MySQLi is the OOP version of MySQL extension. In the end, MySQLi and MySQL accomplish the same thing: they are extension for interacting with MySQL from PHP. A lot of people still use the original MySQL extension instead of the new MySQLi extension because MySQLi requires MySQL 4.1.13+ and PHP 5.0.7+ .

MySQLi supports some things that the old MySQL extension doesn't.

http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.overview.php should explain all the differences.

What on earth are you babbling about?

I guess any intolerance shown to posts that answer questions already answered many months and sometimes years ago is unfortunate, but understandable - I am often guilty myself.

In my case it is because we get a lot of new members who exhume an old and answered thread in order to post their solution - but in a post that carries the payload of a nefarious link or links we are asked to open. We then never hear from them again - which rather makes clear the fact that they are trawling the forum and piggy backing onto old posts to get a free advert to suit their agenda - whatever that may be.

It would be interesting if we could analyse the percentage of new members who make just one post then vanish into the ether, never to be heard from again.

If someone joins the forum and posts a problem that is fine - and I'm sure we have members who will help if they can. It is when someone arrives to post a solution for a problem no current active member has, or is likely to have, that produces unfavourable comment.

I am not suggesting that the OP of this thread falls into that category - time will answer that - but members are rightly suspicious about people using technical forums for their own ends in this way. I for one will never open a link unless I know that the source is safe - no matter how tempting.

There I rest my case M'lords and Lady. I'll get me coat.Doff hat.gif

There are lots and lots of new posters and threads that get strangulated at birth - I think there have been three this week which I have humanely disposed of - not counting any from other mods. I allowed this through as it does not link to a self-interest site but links instead to a "respectable" potential answer to the original question (even though that has been previously answered).

Well,

I don't know why some fun answers are okay for you but when someone is talking technically, and even that is not answered by anyone and might going to be useful in future is BABBLING for you. Not sure if you are too dumb to understand that technically.

@AlanHo @-pops-  You guys want active and healthy discussion but don't expect much when SOMEONE is ready to demotivate a new member from her very first answer.

Goodbye.

18 hours ago, lindawebb said:

Well,

I don't know why some fun answers are okay for you but when someone is talking technically, and even that is not answered by anyone and might going to be useful in future is BABBLING for you. Not sure if you are too dumb to understand that technically.

@AlanHo @-pops-  You guys want active and healthy discussion but don't expect much when SOMEONE is ready to demotivate a new member from her very first answer.

Goodbye.

I find that sometimes it is not good enough to reiterate that which has gone before rather than after, though before and after can often be after and before.  There are many who, like me, are not in touch with the the other side of the coin, but are trying desperately to come to terms with the retinated neatness and convenience of the able and simple way that today brings us the needs of tomorrow, albeit in a manner sometimes slightly obtrusively. 

"It tecks mony a mickle to mack a muckle" has long been the guiding star for seasonal aims which are devoid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

For me mysqli is only upgraded version of mysql ..... Before few months i notice some errors in wordpress sites and then we found mysqli in code ..... after read some information online i upgrade our PHP version to latest 7+ and all errors are fix. So i know only this that with PHP 7 or higher mysqli is better than msql because in some browser got error also that mysql will not work for long time so update code with mysqli.

Dont know more difference than above between mysql and mysqli ?