What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

9 minutes ago, -pops- said:

I do roasties in a similar way, Alan except that their final cooking is done in the Actifry.

-pops-, Do you micro instead of parboiling before roasting?  If so, how long do you micro for? 

2 minutes ago, Irene said:

-pops-, Do you micro instead of parboiling before roasting?  If so, how long do you micro for? 

In this instance, no. As I want the surface of the spud to partially cook but not its inside - to give the fluffy and hence "crispable" outside, this is the one occasion I still concede to boiling but, it's only 3 or 4 minutes worth.

Sautéed chicken livers with a cream sauce and pasta (not decided which but it will most likely be a spinach (green colour) pasta to give colour and contrast with the cream and the livers).

Wednesday is an easy to cook Chinese dinner for us. Libby works in a charity shop in the morning and attends Fat Club (Slimmers World) in the afternoon - so I am the chef.

Sweet and Sour chicken with water chestnuts, spring onions and peppers. Hoi Sin and garlic beef with peppers, red onion and orange zest. Plus boiled rice and Singapore noodles.

Home cooked (but using sauce sachets).

Accompanied by a fine New Zealand Malborough sauvignon blanc wine.

What I've been doing recently when I make a stew is to make enough for almost, but not quite, a second day's worth. To these leftovers, I add either a tin of chopped tomatoes or some tomato purée (depending on the amount of liquid) and shove it all in the soup maker.

Result: delicious beef & vegetable soup. (The dog likes it as well!)

We've got a half M&S roast chicken which depending on what we fancy this afternoon will either be served cold with chips and a side salad, or warmed up with roasties and something out of the fresh veggies tray.

Salad's nice but it's such a miserable looking day at the moment cold may not seem appropriate, wait and see. 

We waited it was cold and wet and now it's cold wet and dark, so we abandoned the salad rout, the veggies are Kale and Red cabbage with apple.

We are at The IOW Bembridge Coast Warners hotel this evening so it will be a choice from what is on the al a carte menu or from the carvery.

Roast topside of beef is definitely on the carvery - so I am guaranteed to be able to have a favourite dish.