I am having problems with my desktop background color

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 on my laptop computer. The background color on my desktop is black. I right clicked on my desktop changed the background color to blue and saved the changes. But when I restart my computer, the background color returns to black. I have done this several times. How can I permanently change my background color to blue?

Thank you

You could try running the SFC /SCANNOW command file checker.  Tutorial HERE (and includes the quote below):

The sfc /scannow command (System File Checker) scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible.

4 minutes ago, andsome said:

Is the problem solved?

I followed your suggestion and ran sfc /scannow but I still have the problem.     

But thank you for asking.                                                                                                                       

cinque8 ... I run windows 7 and got in a mess a while back trying to change my desktop background colour.

Mine only seemed to stay to what I changed it to when I avoided the pesky Themes section and went around the long way

Control Panel> Appearance & Personalisation , which has Change Desktop Background in the menu. In there I set the colour I wanted and it's stayed that way.