The Ordeal of Going to Bed

AlanHo

What is it with the ladies ?

Why do sofas and chairs need to be littered with cushions. And why do the cushions need to be taken to the Charity Shop and be replaced by new ones at such frequent intervals.

The same applies to beds – beds have to be heaped with cushions, the obligatory teddy bear and something called a throw. All of which have to be removed each night to make the bed habitable.

And why is it usually my job to dismantle the bed most nights and pile up the debris on a chair. I know the answer – it’s because most nights I go to bed first whilst management watches the TV programs she has stored on the Virgin Tivo box that I don't want to watch.

6AxCIxM.jpg

The only pleasure I get from the routine is to arrange the pile of cushions – and the thing called a throw – in an artistic pile the Royal Academy of Art would admire.

R7HuSRL.jpg

I feel better getting that off my chest – rant over – I’ll now get into bed and read my Kindle.

The throw comes in useful when the ice-age encroaches, helps prevent frost bite and loss of bodily parts. The cushions however are harder to explain away, maybe they're ammunition for use repelling stray Cats, Foxes or the odd passing Womble. Management being too kindly to permit you to use the male option IE house bricks or the more impressive breeze block.

The teddy bear ? Presumably simply to irritate you, have you tried substituting it with something less irksome, a penguin perhaps or maybe a cuddly seal ?

I know the feeling, I have at last achieved my aim of consigning the bedroom  cushions to the two chars in the bedroom.  The throw is a different matter, it's still there. The first thing I do in hotels is to consign the bed cushions to a corner of the room, only for them to reappear when the room has been attended to. Its something about women's peculiar minds. A bloke wouldn't be brothered.:hi:

When I started to read Alanho 's opening to  this post I thought, "Now we are going to get to the bottom of one of life's mysteries".

Instead we receive a cuddly shark, a golden bear and a shudder.

"Should er not opened this post"

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AlanHo said:

Mind you don't spill your morning tea in bed that her indoors brings you - you might get a shock

I find it most uncomfortable to sit up in bed, it affects my back. I don's watch TV there, read or drink tea.  I take 'Er indoors a cup of tea up EVERY morning.:hi:

6 hours ago, andsome said:

It’s entirely at my own violation, I am just extremely kind hearted and good natured 

You have to hand it to a bloke who admits on an open forum read by at least 4 people that he violates himself...Wanker.gif   :laughitup::laughitup:

1 hour ago, AlanHo said:

You have to hand it to a bloke who admits on an open forum read by at least 4 people that he violates himself...Wanker.gif   :laughitup::laughitup:

You spotted the deliberate mistake. Well done you win a gold star.

VIOLITION

11 hours ago, catgate said:

"I wouldn’t be without my electric mattress cover. It fits over the whole mattress and tucks in."

How long does it take to eat it all.

11 hours ago, catgate said:

"I wouldn’t be without my electric mattress cover. It fits over the whole mattress and tucks in."

One hour and forty three minutes if it is boiled first.

I though you had been cured of this stuttering habit.

23 hours ago, catgate said:

23 hours ago, catgate said:

One hour and forty three minutes if it is boiled first.

•