Some of you will end up printing this I can tell

Belatucadrus

The company I worked for were very concerned about the health and well being of all their employees, the higher the level ...the more the care.

Each factory had its own qualified nurse with a fully equipped surgery and all senior managers were in BUPA.

One day I went to see my doctor for my annual check  up. He was rather more than my doctor. (He was a friend/chum etc. who was a regular caller at out house for a variety  of things. To check my mother and father (who resided in part of the house), or to want to use one or other of my  machines (Drills. Lathes, Folders. etc) or just to ask for a couple of welding rods or a cup of tea.)

As I walked in to his consulting room he said, "Are you alright?".  I said "Yes, is there something wrong?"  He asked me if I thought I could drive home. I said ,"Well I have driven here I should be able to drive  the mile up the road home."

"Right, take it steadily, and get some pyjamas and toilet things ready and I will have an ambulance out to pick you up as soon as possible."

I did as bid and the following morning I wakened up minus a lot of prostate.

The moral is do not befriend your local doctor.

The one I befriended volunteered to go to  Kosova. He came and told me he was going  on the day of his departure and was never heard of again!

After repeatedly asking for a pension, my company said they would send me a lump sum to invest in s pension of my choice. It was the princely sum of £200 per annum. Over the years after nagging  every year it gradually crept up to £500 in my last year. The manager eventually ended up giving me a nervous breakdown. Retirement was the best thing that ever happened to me.

It sounds as though you were with a company that needed a shake up.

The company that I was with had a very good pension scheme. A small sum of money was removed from ones salary each month and was put into a pension scheme, to which the company also donated a much larger amount.