Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I noted the following message on PCA or Tech adviser as it now is.

As part of our commitment to compliance with the new EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we are deleting the accounts of all registered forum users who have not contributed for over three years.

Is the GDPR likely to prompt such a spring clean in Windowsforum ?

Probably one for Craig to decide...

The new data rules state that anyone who receives e mails or letters from a company must be contacted to confirm that they still want to be contacted, whether or not they opted in in the first place. I have been contacted by several people to date.

18 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

I even had one from our doctors surgery.

Everyone should. They hold data on you. We were contacted some time ago regarding sharing of data.

Greetings fellow forum members!

That very long privacy policy that you were required to accept prior to gaining access to the forum covers Windows Forum in regard to GDPR.

GDPR is an exceptionally tricky subject, I certainly don’t understand it, and I don’t have a team of lawyers to assist me, so my only choice to rely upon the software vendor to get it right and see what other communities are doing.
So in that regards, the privacy policy that has just plastered itself over your monitor is it!  Yes, we send emails, however GDPR does not cover the type of email you receive as part of notifications, these are technically subscription based, which are wholly managed by you and we have no control over (you can manage your notification preferences here: https://www.windowsforum.org/notifications/options/ .

We do have a bulk email system, that has not been used since December 2006.  If it were to be used in the future, everyone will be opted out by default.

With regards to pruning the member base, GDPR does not require this, and I currently have no intention to delete members.

Craig

We be doomed we be. They’re all arter us. 

18 hours ago, Craig said:

Greetings fellow forum members!

That very long privacy policy that you were required to accept prior to gaining access to the forum covers Windows Forum in regard to GDPR.

GDPR is an exceptionally tricky subject, I certainly don’t understand it, and I don’t have a team of lawyers to assist me, so my only choice to rely upon the software vendor to get it right and see what other communities are doing.
So in that regards, the privacy policy that has just plastered itself over your monitor is it!  Yes, we send emails, however GDPR does not cover the type of email you receive as part of notifications, these are technically subscription based, which are wholly managed by you and we have no control over (you can manage your notification preferences here: https://www.windowsforum.org/notifications/options/ .

We do have a bulk email system, that has not been used since December 2006.  If it were to be used in the future, everyone will be opted out by default.

With regards to pruning the member base, GDPR does not require this, and I currently have no intention to delete members.

Craig

Thanks Craig.  boy_cleanglasses.gif  

On 5/10/2018 at 1:29 PM, andsome said:

Everyone should. They hold data on you. We were contacted some time ago regarding sharing of data.

I have been contacted from Companies I have never heard of asking me if I still want receive their e-mails. What e-mails, I've never had any.  :huh:

1 hour ago, Gandalph said:

What e-mails, I've never had any.  

Same here, most of them are from the expected suppliers of mail, some however, I  look at them and wonder "who the hell are they" ?