Pinched from another forum

andsome

I have copied this post from another forum I thought it might be of interest. I have bookmarked it myself.

Looking for and getting millions of free books, movies, music and software?

Streaming services like Netflix and Hulu are great, but what if you are looking for an old classic that they just don't carry? Sometimes it's frustrating when you can't find a copy of your favorite movie from the 1960s.

It's not just movie rental stores that are disappearing either. Music record shops have been fading away for years also. It would be nice if there was a way to find some of the more unattainable things online. Don't worry, there is!

The Internet Archive is a non-profit, building a digital library of internet sites and other cultural artefacts

https://archive.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Not a site I would use andsome. I've just done a search for the  The African Queen film and I didn't get very far. It did come up with the trailer though rather than the full movie.

1 hour ago, AlanHo said:

Andsome - you bin floggin' a dead 'orse again  horse.gif

I have never ridden one, but I think they are lovely animals, and no way would I ever hit one. How dare you. :hi:

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 8:54 PM, AlanHo said:

Andsome - you bin floggin' a dead 'orse again  horse.gif

For the first 15/16 years of  my life we lived across the road from a dairy farm. This, combined with the little matter of my maternal grandfather actually having a farm (prior to my arrival), put into me an enormous love of the countryside and its residents.

The farm across the road had two shires, a big powerful gelding called Prince and a a slightly smaller mare called Chosen. The contents of the  above paragraph led me of course into the farm yard across the road where I was allowed to "help". As the years went by, the "help" became real help and eventually  after  a year or two I was part of "the crew".

Then one day father  (who had been the Stores Foreman at a CWS  spinning mill) announced that he had bought a Smallholding for Pigs and Poultry and we would be removing.

Which we did. He had bought a house fairly near his new undertaking, along with a milk round, and he and mother worked together with help from my two sisters, for many, many years, until they decided to sell the business and move in with us at Catgate  (which was a large part of our purchasing of Catgate from the out set.

Why am I telling you this??????