We've found a problem with the cycle lane

Belatucadrus

A very, very sad picture for me, which ever side you turn it. My motor cycling day are long gone, as are my dear wife's.

For many years we would hook the motor bike trailer up to the Tabert camper van and load the BMW on to it and set off on a trip somewhere for a few weeks.

Somewhere was anywhere from between the top end of Scotland to the bottom East end of France, Barcares was particularly  favourite area (French Med. site)

I have a long history of driving convertibles and coupes and have always taken the view if it's good fun go for it and whatever you do never ever give a toss about what anybody else may or may not think.

Seeing a balding middle aged fatso driving a nice open top car with Japanese metal blaring out genuinely freaks some people out, you'd be amazed how little I care.

I had scooters and motor bikes in my yoof - in fact I served my engineering apprenticeship at a small engineering firm that was sub-contracted to build the Wooller clubman bike in the 1950's. It was an all aluminium, semi streamlined, shaft drive flat four aimed at competing with the BMW's. It cost more that the Austin/Morris Mini at the time. However, it was not a success and they stopped making them after a few years - I think it might have been when old man Wooller died.

And yes - I did get to ride one - quite a potent but refined beast.

https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/something-different/magnificent-wooler-flat-4/