[resolved]-Spam blocker

artist

I was a very strong advocate of Spam Pal, until it went pear shaped. I had to edit the registry to finally get rid of the last remnants. I find that Mailwasher is good, because you look at the mail while it is still on the server, and delete the unwanted stuff there instead of downloading it first. You can even read a message in text form without any risk of a virus. It can be configured with friends list as well as a blacklist.Click here

The trial version will work as the full version, but for only one email pop account.

If you want it for more email accounts then you would have to pay for it.

Good luck

Tony

I didn't realise that.

'Good luck' - does that mean I'll need it??? :huh:

I have used mailwasher for quite a long time now. For sure, it offers the benefit of being able to read the message off the server without downloading it - and you can delete the unwanted stuff before downloading it as has been said before.

However - when I first started using it I could click on the rubbish and place them in a blacklist file - so they could be automatically deleted if future spam was sent from that address. Nowadays - that is a waste of time - I rarely get a second spam message from the same source so this feature is now redundant. Spammers now hardly ever use the same Email address twice.

Hence for me - mailwasher has become just a means of accessing my mail on the server and deleting the spam without downloading it - something I can do almost as easily by using the standard webmail. It's a great pity because some time ago mailwasher was really usefull and a great time saver - but the spammers have got wise and have found ways round it rendering it less effective.

I look forward to the day when someone can find an effective barrier to spam - I get up to 200 per day. I am tempted to change my Email address but this would be a problem because it is used for business and would be difficult to change.