Joining Euro

TERBOW

Mind you the Welsh referendum made me laugh....... ( I am Welsh by the way..!)

Less that half the population turned out to vote ,labour got in on just under a third of that vote. So in actuality the the Welsh bulls*** shed...ooppps sorry, assembly got installed on around 15% 'ish of the total voting population of Wales ...

And then cheesy Tone put Ron Davies and his Taffia in charge (favours owed ?) ,when those, who were in anyway interested wanted Rhodri Morgan, (Its a democracy innit,as long as the third way is followed according to the wishes of our Prez , the Rt Rev. Cheesy )...It was only because of Ron's love of badger's, that Rhodri was queened as bullshitter in chief. Allowing Ron more time to pursue his love of nature on Bristol common...(less far to travel than Clapham common , saves on petrol , Ron's always doing his bit for the enviroment).......

Cheesy is using this example to follow his master-plan ,we are going to sleepwalk into the EC, after all ,there are a sufficient number of retards out there that still believe that our Tone is a morally upright and honest politician . And will take anything that he sez as gospel......

Upper house makes some inconvenient descisions.....? ............. Fill it with cronies and castrate it....!

Referendums may not give the result that our Tone 's wants.?...why bother.......!

Irksome questions being asked in the commons...?.....................why bother to turn up......send a stooge...!

Truth does not conform to the master plan ...? ............................then spin spin and spin again.....!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing that also makes me laugh.............

Cheesy was calling Chirac and Schroder all the names under the sun only two or three months ago because of you know what.......

And we are going to have a single Euro foreign policy .....?

Arf arf

"Stealth" is the name of the game. The majority of politicians (yuk! spit! :angry: ) in this country, as opposed to the majority of the people, are determined we shall be part of a European superstate (even though they won't come out openly and say so). Each time a new paper appears from Brussels, it nibbles away a little more of our independence. Now we are to have a European President and Foreign Minister ("but you can veto any policy decisions they make - FOR NOW! But we'll keep coming back with new proposals until you are so deep in Europe that you won't be able to get out!").

Referendum Now!!!

Some of cheesy's spectacular successes of Great Britain's (ooopss sorry The federal states of Wales Scotland England ,Isle of Man ,Jersey ,Guernsey, and the outer Hebrides ,of the Eurounion) .......greatest and first President.........

A legacy for the "hand of history" to be proud off........."and this is not a time for sound byte's" , "trust me "...!

Health

Edukation Edukation EdUkAtion

An integrated and efficient transport sytem

Crime....and tough on the causes of crime

An honest sleazy free government

A world class leading agricultural dept

Democracy in action

A highly motivated and happy emergency service

A tough stance on terroirists...(we let all ours out of jail, just to show how we can take in on the chin ,we're well 'ard ....us !) and if your a hijacker....well how do fancy a nice hotel and free bed and board ,plus a few hundred quid a month to take your mind off the stresses in life.

World leading immigration controls....Its so good everyone wants to come here to see how its done..!

With a record like that ...why do they want us in.......?

Is it because they see a mug with a cheque book ..?

Some excellent points so far. I wonder if ANYONE of the great British public actually wants to be ruled not only by Western Europe as we knew it, but by the old Soviet bloc, soon to be our new comrades. Speak up now or for ever hold your piece, because pretty soon you won't have a piece of your own to hold.

Unfortunately a lot of people were taken by the fine speeches and cheesy grin, will we get a referendum - don't hold your breath.

Immigration - europe already sees us as a convenient dumping ground for asylum seekers- this will probably be worse in the federal european state of great britain, asylum seekers will be sent straight here with us having no choice in the matter.

I didn't forget the capitals we willl no longer be Great Britain.

Anyone know of links to a campaign for a referendum on the matter?

uh huh........not taken from the pinnacle of our totally un agendered and unbiased tabloids ...but........

You will pay for

Europe's pensions

Alert ... Heathcoat-Amory

By GEORGE PASCOE-WATSON

Deputy Political Editor

HARD-working Brits will have to pay for Europe’s pensions if Tony Blair signs up to the new EU treaty, experts warned last night.

Britain is the only member country with enough money to pay its OAPs — and would have to subsidise the others under the new EU constitution.

It would cost every man, woman and child £30,000 to prop up failed schemes across the continent.

Britain would also surrender powers to Brussels on workers’ rights — sparking fears of a return to union power.

And a new EU law chief will be appointed with powers to prosecute anyone in Britain for offences which are not even against UK law.

EU chiefs declared yesterday they want to “co-ordinate” Britain’s economic, employment and social policies.

Critics warned this would mean millions from Britain’s pension pot being transferred to pay for others who cannot meet demands.

Tory MP David Heathcoat-Amory said: “We are a step away from pooling pension provision.

There is a big pension problem in Europe and someone will have to pay for it.”

The draft of the new constitution states: “The union shall adopt measures to ensure co-ordination of economic and employment policies. It may adopt measures to ensure co-ordination of social policies.”

Critics fear Brussels could order Britain to hand over some of the £600billion set aside for pensions to prop up payments to the EU’s elderly.

The size of Britain’s pension liability is equal to just 20 per cent of our annual income.

France owes 98 per cent, Italy 113 per cent and Germany a whopping 139 per cent.

Brussels yesterday demanded an end to the British veto in 20 new areas.

Tony Blair has vowed to fight their demands, but MEPs will be given power to make laws in 35 new areas, according to the latest proposal.

Last night Downing Street insisted there will be no question of surrendering control of Britain’s tax, defence or foreign policy to Brussels.

The draft treaty called for an end to the UK’s veto on some “administrative” taxes, but EU chiefs would not say what they were.

Sweeping changes to Britain’s shopfloor laws will be taken out of Westminster’s hands under a new Charter of Fundamental Rights.

This will give the European Court of Justice the right to rule whether strikes are legal or illegal, which bosses fear will lead to a strikers’ charter.

The EU will have a new public prosecutor with powers to take Brits to court for offences abroad.

The “Sheriff of Europe” will be appointed to crack down on EU-wide serious crime.

But the public prosecutor will not be answerable to any voters in Britain.

THOUSANDS of British passengers were left stranded yesterday after French airport workers went on strike against their government’s plans to reform pensions.

More strikes are planned next month.

THE euro was trading at a record high of $1.1932 yesterday, making it even tougher for exporters in the failing eurozone.

“This is giving me stomach pains,” said German industrial federation chief Michael Rogowski.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-20032...3241090,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

Are the "5 tests" political bollacks or what.....The decision to join is purely based on political needs , with 5 so called factors (what exactly..?) being used as an excuse to delay until the time is judged right by cheesy..

Did anyone hear that Scottish plonkers speech yesterday , he went on for 40 min and I'm still none the wiser...

Guest Nellie2

I was listening to something about this on the radio today and someone said that there is only one test that Cheesy and his sidekick want to make sure they pass and that is ........................... will they win a referendum!!!!!

Its not going to happen this side of the election....Then watch it drop off the front burner when cheesy feels the hand of history up his arse and goes for a third term.....!

Is there still anybody out there that still believe any of the noises that come out of his mouth....?

Any establishment that considers bloody Neil Kinnock capable of running a department is in dire trouble...Im typing this while cheesy is on the pulpit on news night (BBC2)

Keith Vaz has popped up again.............

How does a country like ours have to dig so deep into the dross in order to find politicians like these ......

Cheesy is starting to give me violent thoughts.....! Its all down to a question of trust......

Everyone is calling for a referendum but do you honestly think the majority of the British public will know exactly what they will be deciding on and why? To just say "oh I want to keep the pound" based purely on an emotional response is not the way forward. There are complex issues to be taken into account which even top economists will struggle to fully grasp.

I'm not playing devils' advocate here, I just think we need to take a calm and measured approach to this rather than a patriotic one.

I've been giving all this lot more thought, and have come to a conclusion. It will be interesting to see how many of you agree when you think it all out. From Browns reactions since his speech when he said that we were not going in to the Euro yet, it does not sound as though the same person is now talking, he sound very OVER enthusiastic. My beleif is that it is all a put up job. They know that at present there is no chance of winning a referendum. Brown therefore with the conivence of cheesy made his speech, making it look as though, although we are not ready yet we soon may be. The idea now is for them both to work together to convince us all, and scare us to death as to what will happen if we vote no. Just you wait, during the next few months they will attempt to indoctrinate us with real horror stories, as to our fate outside the euro. We will be told about the several hundred thousands of lost jobs, millions lost in aid and developement, the dire consequences for our currency, and all sorts of other horror stories. It will be made to look as though if we don't go in we will end up as a third world country. No mention will be made of the strongest country in Europe and how they stay that way OUTSIDE the euro, namely SWITZERLAND. Just think what a catch we will be. Their countries are at present deeply in debt trying to pay inflated pensions etc. In this country we could all do with better state pensions, but the EEC is verging on bankruptsy trying to keep paying their much inflated pensions. Wouldn't they relish the chance to get their sticky fingers on our money to boost these funds and soften the blow when they ineviteably have to reduce their pensions and benefits? Think also of all the extra jobs for the boys and girls, at over inflated salaries. Don't any of you forget that it was not all that long ago, when the whole of the UNELECTED commission who really run things, had to resign because of corruption. Do you really think that all that lot has been sorted out, how many of the corrupt are now actually unemployed??? Don't forget about the subsidies paid to all their small inefficient farmers, many who are part time, whilst our efficient farmers go to the wall due to quotas. It all goes MUCH deeper than the minor inconvenience of changing currencies when we go over there.

One more thing MOON, I accept your offer of the job of 'Minister for 'eritage and culture', for WF.

LOL ! It was just a proposal, andsome, but as you've seized the lion by the loins, as it were, I also accept your implication of the position of Minister for Employment and Apostrophes. I further propose tankus as Minister of Truth.

LOL !  It was just a proposal, andsome, but as you've seized the lion by the loins, as it were, I also accept your implication of the position of Minister for Employment and Apostrophes.  I further propose tankus as Minister of Truth.

Who was it who seized my loins? It all happened so quickly, was it by chance NELLIE?

Browns been on the political road to Damascus...........

The fact that he's singing from the same Hymn sheet as cheesy is that they are both looking at the next election.....And nothing else.....

Euroland needs us ,and our gullible cheque books more than we need it...........

The former head of the German Bundersbank has gone on record as stating it was the worst decision made for the German economy by joining the Union......Britain should avoid it

Cheesy's only got his interests close to his heart ,he cannot be trusted to make the correct decision on his own .......

Let the country decide...and have done with it...!

(the last few posts were somewhat agressive ,but I'd had a few beers.sorry)

NWL

To just say "oh I want to keep the pound" based purely on an emotional response is not the way forward.

The funny thing is,I'm not overly concerned about losing the pound ,Ive used the Euro in Spain and France and find it fairly easy to use and mentally convert....Its just money...!

What does concern me however, is the political and legal framework changes that this county will have to make in order to make it work.

Decisions will be made which will not be in our best economic interests , because it suits the whole (ie the French)

Joined up foreign policy ,with one Eurocrat speaking for the whole ?

You only need to go back two months to see how well that will work.

Our country's economy is surviving well enough on the outside , There looks like the are positive advantages , to remain so !

The financial market hasn't upped and gone to Germany as it has been suggested.....

This needs to be a collective decision......The whole argument can be sorted out with a referendum..

Incidentally ..moon....I would fail the basic test for becoming a minister...my tongue is not long or brown enough........!

I want to keep the pound, but not just because it is called 'POUND'. It can be called ERIC for all I care. I just don't want all and sundry unelected bureaucrats deciding how much tax I pay, and how that tax money is spent. As I have said previously, it is bad enough having BROWN running our affairs, but at least if the majority decide to get rid of him at the next election, then good riddance. What chance however do we have with the unelected faceless wonder boys and girls of Euroland running our affairs for us? Especially when we get Eastern Europe joined up with us, and eager to get their hands on our cash. The Liberal Democrats are wet behind the ears namby pambies, and heaven forbid that they ever have a real say in our affairs. They would hand the whole lot over to Brussels tomorrow if they had their way.

Europe is sitting on a pension time bomb ,with an ageing population , (our birth rate is decreasing as our av .lifespan is increasing )

The problems that we are having are small compared to what is going on in Germany Italy and France........The pension pot has been plundered by dubious governmental budgets in the last 30 years .Which has helped out the economies of that time during the recession ,but now people are finally realising the consequences ....

The current social unrest in France over pensions is just a small start . That is whats frightening the Euro governments ,That is why they want us so bad....!

Incidently Brown has but a massive tax on UK pensions (£5bn) which does not kick in for another 5 years, In order to balance the budget sheets for the last budget......

So we are still at it .......

But the idea is...Itll be some other chancellors problem....!

Incidentally ..moon....I would fail the basic test for becoming a minister...my tongue is not long or brown enough........!

Hmmm. I see your point. I resign.

We certainly haven't seen much support for Europe on this forum. Is there anyone out there who is NOT afraid to put the point that the euro is the best thing since sliced bread. ( Incidentally sliced bread is nothing but a load of rubbish these days, try a home breadmaker and bring back memories of the bread of yesteryear.) I digress however, sorry.

I think that cheesy now has an integrity issue , people who were waverers may be more inclined to come out against.......because he is not to be trusted...!

Cheesys reluctance to a referendum

Especially after Gulf 2 with Euro unity on full display...

Strikes in France and the worsening German economy..

Maybe public opinions hardening against.................There has to be a referendum........

Looks like andsome , that most people here have some sort of reservations against joining

Nels right about the 1 test ,and it looks like one that is getting harder to pass...!