Operating system

Guest Blink_182_fan

What Operating system do you think is the best  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What Operating system do you think is the best

• Linux
    • Windows XP

the only problem with that is...i think my system is too fast too do that...i wouldnt have the time

If i was to press delete and enter the bios....would i be able to remove the cd then save changes and exit....therefore rebooting once again and starting in windows mode...?

(what i mean is..will the cd eject whilst in the bios)

Never had any probs with any of my systems, ejecting whilst booting, the early versions (which I still use) told you when to eject the cd then you just hit the power button to switch off. Not tried the most recent myself tho, downloading the 2 latest versions now. 2 1/2 hrs to go :P

what im sayin is that from the time i hit the power button from when i see the windows xp pro boot screen is about 5-6 seconds maby less....also i am quite sure that thkes a few seconds for the cd drives to come on...therefore i dont believe i would have enough time...

theoreticly can i eject a while in the bois

Never had any problem myself, P4 3ghz system.

You could change the bios order if you need to I don't think you will tho.

Your cd drive is powered up while your mobo goes through POST, moving from the power button to your cd drive eject button takes about 1/2 second ?? :P

ok...ive got knoppix...burned it as an .iso

changed bios to boot from cd(first boot)

knoppix runs

the first screen has got a little fox or somfin on it

then u press enter it does some loading and then you see a screen with a penguin at the top and it seems to go through all this stuff...like...tellin me what mouse i have and where its driver is and soo on

Now heres the problem

It gets to a bit at the bottom of the same screen that had/has the penguin at the top and it says:

starting single x-user session for user knoppix

Please stand by a few seconds while the optional configuration is being determined

after this session the system willautomaticly shut down.

starting ???..."

(verry sorry couldnt make the question marks out from the digi photo i took)

then my moniter appears to go onto standby...after that the CD drive runs at high speed for a few more seconds then it slows down to what i think is a stop.

Then nothing happens....

To get out of it i had to hold my power button in till the power cut off...

this happend evry one of the 3-4 times i tryed it

Any sujestions

Regarde Andy-2004

Which version are you using Andy ? the latest from Feb or the one from Nov.

Often the very latest has one or two glitches, it's possible there is a fault with the burned image, have you had a look at the knoppix help pages/forum here http://www.knoppix.net/ ?

Surfing here using the Nov version, Did you get as far as the nice young lady telling you "Initializing start up sequence ?"

Screenshot below

post-49-1076699927.png

• 4 years later...