419ers still at it

nellie2

It means that a person has died without leaving a will.

Mr. M.

The word required there is "intestate"

I do not wish to argue pops, but after a quick google I think you will find they are both acceptable.

WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF I DO NOT HAVE A WILL?

If you die without a Will, you have died in testate. Your property must go through the probate process in order to have the legal title to the property transferred to your heirs at law. Your heirs at law are defined by applicable state statutes. The law of the state where you live controls the distribution of your personal property.

From Click Here

OR Intestate

Mr. M.

Mr. Invincible Mouse, in the Collins English dictionary, there are testate and intestate listed. If you die intestate, you HAVE NOT made a will, while if you die testate. you HAVE made a will. Therefore if you have not made a will you are intestate, there is NO such an expression as being in testate, as two separate words. You are either TESTATE or INTESTATE. Websites are not infallible, to talk about being in testate is incorrect, I prefer an English dictionary. That website is American, and we all know how they have prostituted our language.

SORRY

That website is American, and we all know how they have prostituted our language.

Our Language ???

As I seem to remember that you were hell bent on bashing our French neighbours, perhaps I should point out that "our language" as you call it, is a bastardised collection of several languages, with approx. 28% originating as French, including Old French and early Anglo-French. It also contains abot 28% Latin and about 25% Norse and Dutch.

If anybody is guilty of prostitution, then it would have to include us.

So, on this basis, does it really matter that the point I was trying to make is that (when you read the context of the original link) "in testate" and "intestate" mean the same thing.

I shall now prostrate myself whilst you procrastinate.

Mr. M.

"in testate" and "intestate" mean the same thing.

No they don't.

You cannot assume that just because certain words and phrases appear on a website (American or otherwise) that they have any meaning.

Does "information" mean the same as "in formation"? No.

Does "invocation" mean the same as "in vocation"? No.

Does "insolvent" mean the same as "in solvent"? No.

Does "insolvent" mean the same as "in solvent"? No.

Not sure about this one. Whichever way you put it, you would be in the mire!! :D :D

The point I was trying to make, is that in certain places round the world, "in testate" is understood to mean what we would write as "intestate".

Surely the fact that we have established it's meaning is all that was required.

Mr. M.

The medieval monks who prostrated themselves also self-flagellated whilst procrastinating. They probably did a lot of other things that ended with -ated as well but these are not to be mentioned in polite company.