Redhat 9 Linux Install part 3.

nellie2

You think you've got problems Andy!

I downloaded the 3 iso files ok but they will not burn to cd.

Nero 5 & 6.

I'm definately giving up this time. :angry:

Look M8 i have downloaded these images about 4 times and they havent worked several times and there has been tonnes of problems along the way....but have i gave up....NO

So i dont think that you should either...battle on through dont give up now...you CAN do it :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

problem...I tested all the disks and they all passed with flying colours :D

but when it starts to install i see probing moniter...unknown moniter...

the i see probing ps/2 wheel mouse....

then my moniter goes onto standby...i waited about 10 mins but nothing happened...i tryed it a few more times but it did the same thing :angry:

does anone have any ideas that are just thoughs...any guess is a help :(

Guest Blink_182_fan
problem...I tested all the disks and they all passed with flying colours :D

but when it starts to install i see probing moniter...unknown moniter...

the i see probing ps/2 wheel mouse....

then my moniter goes onto standby...i waited about 10 mins but nothing happened...i tryed it a few more times but it did the same thing :angry:

does anone have any ideas that are just thoughs...any guess is a help :(

Just give up thats my advice

:P :D

You have not wasted 12 CD's...If you didn't try it then you would have never have known... You've got guts and time and patience.

It's just you having bad luck :o

When you boot from the redhat CD and your at the install screen.

Type:

boot:linux noprobe

Hopefully this will get you to the actual install part.

If that does not work ...

You could try a TEXT install by typing:

Boot: linux text

But with a text install be VERY CAREFUL!!

I think that i might formatte may whole HDD cause its getting a bit messy....i was seeing bits when i was installing linux saying "free sapce 1Mb" and "free space 4 MB"

There is some random pieces of free space so i think after i have some tea il get stuck into doing that B)

Well i reformated completly and installed linux using the text mode...whick worked (the second time)

And everything worked fine....

I rebooted and i got the bootloader just fine selected linux...it loaded some files then....

The screen went blank :P

went onto standby again

When i was setting up the instalation it said defult graphics card so i looked through the list and the only Nvidia that was there was "Nvidia geforce FX to go"

So i selected that as my graphics card...and kept (either) defalt or unknowen moniter (sorry cant remember)

So this is me (most likly) giving up on linux altogether....So good luck to all you guys tring it out...hope it goes well for you....

Andy, I had the same problem with the suspend kicking in, but I think I got around it with a reinstall, but typing in

linux nofb apm=off

at the initial install screen , may be worth a try, disables your power management, so you'll have to switch off manually after shutting down.