• 31 - 35
    • 36 - 40
    • 41 - 45
    • 46 - 50
    • 51 - 55
    • 56 - 60
    • 61 - 65
    • Over 65

Sometimes forums can be very "clicky" whether it's mean't to be or not.

People use the search button now :lol: to solve problems.

It does seem a bit 'clicky' but that's because if the few who post, didn't - the 'others' wouldn't either - then where would we be - no forum! :bangin:

The search button has really come into it's own - you can find the answer to lots of problems there - but it's surprising the number of people who hadn't thought of using it..........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can suppose that there are "lurkers" here by the number of viewings of this thread set against the number of replies. It takes very little to tick your corresponding category.

I can appreciate that there are a lot of "post and go" members where they have one specific problem that is answered and never to be seen again - that's fine but, unlike some other forums, this one has a diversity away from being exclusively computer based and introduces more of a, well, let's say community, atmosphere. This, I would have thought, should encourage people to stick around a little longer.

I don't want this to turn into a heavyweight discussion. I introduced it as I thought that yesterday's record attempt would inspire a large readership and, whilst they were here, they could pass a few moments doing the poll. As I have already said, I never expected a scientific survey.

I'll leave it open a couple of more days.

Total Cumulative Posts 0

( % of total forum posts )

A member here for over 20 months, who kindly PM'd me last evening........full of praise for the forum.

A "lurker".....yes...but still someone who feels part of the forum and is happy to read posts and threads etc.

Not everyone feels happy ( if that's the right word ) to actually post, but many many people visit us every day to see what's going on etc, and long may they do so......I'm only to pleased they do.

This has developed into an excellent thread with some first rate posts........thanks for starting the topic pops, and also to the people who have contributed so far.

ps.....no-one can tell who voted what by the way, it's totally anonymous.

Hi people.

I feel like one of those members you are talking about.

Iv'e been a member from the very begining and sometimes I join in and sometimes I lurk.

Like a lot of other members my health is not 100% and i disappear from time to time.

As I think this has been said before ,this might be techy forum but is also where friends also like to meet and gossip.

NO offence meant to anyone.

Love .popeye

Hi people.

I feel like one of those members you are talking about.

Iv'e been a member from the very begining and sometimes I join  in and sometimes I lurk.

Like a lot of other members my health is not 100% and i disappear from time to time.

As I think this has been said before ,this might be techy forum but is also where friends also like to meet and gossip.

NO offence meant to anyone.

Love .popeye

How can anybody be offended by that ?

Nice one popeye....well said :)

Hi All..

I already voted in the poll and dropped by to see how we were doing, read the rest of the posts and thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I tend to be a lurker, though I do post once in awhile. I love coming to this forum. It has actually become my favorite of the ones I go to.

The reason it is my favorite is because I love to read your posts about what's going on in Britain.

My mom was from Brighton, so I grew up (in Canada) learning all about England.

She was an English warbride and kept her beautiful accent up until she passed away in 1983.

Anyway, I feel closer to her when I come here and read your posts, 'cause I still miss her.

Visited England when I was 18 (many years ago) and fell in love with the beautiful countryside and wonderful people. Would love to retire there (here??).

So that's why I keep coming back and once I get over my shyness, I will try to post more..... :D

It's just that I've never been very good at writing down what I think..

Seems to come out all backwards... :blushing:

So I guess I will just have to practice, practice, practice.... :P

:welcome: :)

We understand most of the time - backwardes forwards, whatever. Don't be shy - join in - learn a little, laugh a lot.

:D

Hello joysness, how nice to have you with us, do hang around and join in the fun.

I live in South West London. I don't post every day, but I usually call in to see what others are up to. I don't know Brighton too well, but Eastbourne! well I went there for many years as a kid, carpet gardens, well you know the rest. Do the odd post now and then and we will get to know you more as time goes by. :)

It's just that I've never been very good at writing down what I think..

Seems to come out all backwards... :blushing:

So I guess I will just have to practice, practice, practice.... :P

Why not just type what you want to say, then turn it round before you post it. Please stick around and contribute. Not many forums are lucky enough to have a member anywhere near as good looking as me, surely that fact alone must be worth visiting us for.

joysness - I know Brighton very well indeed. My son has recently bought a house just outside and I'm going to start spending even more time in Brighton than I used to.

Brighton is a great city - VERY cosmopolitan and easy going. If you ever get the chance and come to Europe you MUST pay a visit there.

• 1 month later...

Most interesting in this poll is that of 967 viewings there have been 77 replies and only 55 votes.

Yes, I appreciate that the same people may have viewed the thread several times and even replied several times but I did expect more votes. Oh well!

We've at least one vote in each category now so I think the poll has run its course so I'll close it.

Thanks to everyone who participated.