• 51 - 55
    • 56 - 60
    • 61 - 65
    • Over 65

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Areeet guys/gals ill be doing a Trance mix , im picking my tunes i like the best from 1998-2000 as i think these years were the best for the trance scene by far. ill put it up when im done....

Hurry Up !

You must be getting slow in your old age :D :rolleyes:

Areeet guys/gals ill be doing a Trance mix , im picking my tunes i like the best from 1998-2000 as i think these years were the best for the trance scene by far. ill put it up when im done....

Hurry Up !

You must be getting slow in your old age :D :rolleyes:

yeah im struggling picking the tunes is soo many, i keep thinking of new ones and adding them :whistling: ............

Only 41 people voted - not exactly a fair picture! :rolleyes:

I agree. As I write this there have been 412 viewings of the thread. OK, some people have looked at it more than once but I do feel that a number have looked and passed it by.

I wasn't expecting to do a scientific survey, just get an idea of age distribution of the active membership.

I am left asking myself: is 41 representative of the number of active members, whether they are posters or not? :(

I am left asking myself: is 41 representative of the number of active members, posters or not? :(

That would be a shame.

Hard to know how to get people to actually join in. Still, at least they're visiting.

It isn't a lot different in the Pit - same old names all the time. Maybe we're just mouthy!! :D

Getting people to join in is very difficult.

The worst part is making the first post. That takes an enormous amount of courage for a lot of people - something like appearing on stage or making a speech to a large audience.

Once you've done it, of course, you then wonder what all the fuss is about but before that you're wondering: What if I make a fool of myself? What if I do it wrong? What if I ask something stupid that everyone in the world knows except me?

Well, all it takes to get over that is to have a look at posts already made.

In any forum, any forum at all, you will see posts that make the person seem a bit foolish, doing it wrong and asking stupid questions. All good forums will treat those posts sensibly, not take the Michael and give a reasonable response. A forum that doesn't do that is not worth being a member of.

The worst part is making the first post. something stupid that everyone in the world knows except me?

I remember it well - at PCA.

I felt a fool but no-one made me feel that way. I learned such a lot over there.

I must add that I still don't know all that much technically - that's why I like these forums - get in a mess - and there's someone to help - and importantly - it costs nothing!

(£35 an hour for a computer chap, around here)

Getting people to join in is very difficult.

Human nature is a very strange thing. Why should they want to join in, and for that matter why should you want them to? It seems to me to be a bit like feeding birds at a bird table.

I think it all comes down to why they get to WF in the first place and whether they find what they are looking for.

I joined two Mercedes Owners forums a few months ago looking for help in solving "self activating" alarm problems (our local MB dealership was particularly unhelpful). I got a couple of suggestions, one of which helped, but both forums (or did the Romans say fori?) did not seem to be populated by real people.

I came to this forum looking for help with a little computer problem (having found the URL on Yahoo). I got the help, and here were some (not all) real people.

I suspect that a very large percentage of "members" of this forum came, as I did, purely for help/information. Then having got it (or not) have just evaporated into the ether from whence they came. They may well return next time they have a problem, or they may well go elsewhere.

Just what that says about the real people on this site I know not, only perhaps that they are more interested in other real people than are the help seekers who have gone.

Certainly the volume of contributions in the none computer topic sections is a good indication that the world has not yet got to the state where it is "computers computers computers", and that can only be good.

All valid points above, just to stick my 2p's worth

Sometimes forums can be very "clicky" whether it's mean't to be or not.

People use the search button now :lol: to solve problems.

The user guides are invaluable and contain a lot of answers to "How do I....." questions

Last but not least XP is to blame as it works :unsure: I started with ME which was was useless ( I joined PCA because of it) and 98 had it's faults.

But on the whole O/S work well, the main issues I see are virus/spyware which they may be not know about.