A difference of Opinion

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm American and cannot stand Dubya. Why? I feel he is contributing to the running of my country into the ground, he does not listen to his people, he is more centered around money than anything else, he allows his religion to affect his decisions (seperation of church and state anyone?), he is stronly against stem-cell research -- even though it could be the greatest medical breakthrough of our time, we have lost more jobs in America during his time in office, than in the past 75 years, need I go on?

I'm American and cannot stand Dubya. Why? I feel he is contributing to the running of my country into the ground, he does not listen to his people, he is more centered around money than anything else, he allows his religion to affect his decisions (seperation of church and state anyone?), he is stronly against stem-cell research -- even though it could be the greatest medical breakthrough of our time, we have lost more jobs in America during his time in office, than in the past 75 years, need I go on?

I agree fully with you. Unfortunately his best pal is also running this country down to the dogs. The latest imposition is another bill to go before Parliament to introduce compulsory I.D.cards. I have NO problem personally in being asked to carry an I.D.card, but object strongly to the suggestion that i will have to pay for the privilege. A figure of £80 is being suggested. As I see it this is another gordon brown scheme to raise revenue. Note the gordon brown without capital letters, he is not worthy.

I wonder if it has ever entered the empty space between the ears of these peoples that they were "elected" on the pretext of the running and improving the country that "elected" them, rather than trying to run the rest of the world at the expense of the country that "elected" them. This must be some form of crime. Perhaps our elections should be run under a new system called The Misrepresentation of the People Act!

Unfortunately his best pal is
What a state to be in, to be down to having that as your best pal.

gordon brown without capital letters

Don't give him them back, andsome, or he might just fall foul of his own Capital Gains Tax.

but object strongly to the suggestion that i will have to pay for the privilege. A figure of £80 is being suggested.

I wonder what the actual cost is of producing these , as opposed to the charge ...... Gordon's sitting on big black hole in government spending

, which is very likely to go off in his face , just as he gets the keys

If they ar going to ease it in.. Maybe it should start off,as a given,if you receive any form of benefits ?

Gordon's sitting on big black hole in government spending

Don't you think the Iragi people will recompense us then, for saving them from Saddam? Just like the Germans recompensed us for ridding them of Hitler?? :rolleyes:

but object strongly to the suggestion that i will have to pay for the privilege. A figure of £80 is being suggested.

I wonder what the actual cost is of producing these , as opposed to the charge ...... Gordon's sitting on big black hole in government spending

, which is very likely to go off in his face , just as he gets the keys

If they ar going to ease it in.. Maybe it should start off,as a given,if you receive any form of benefits ?

They have similar here in Spain..... errrrm 3€

£80 a shot and it just isn't going to work, they're going to be optional for years, the computer system is almost bound to fail and be several billion over budget. To top it all, these people who say they are happy to carry ID cards are all going to scream blue murder when the bill arrives.

Well that just sez it all ... A £78 tax every 10 years jus

I think you are all being very mean and small minded about it. Here you are, presented with a wonderful opportunity for us individually, and collectively, to pay out more money, so that out little cherub can show what a wonderful caring World Statesman he is, by cutting back even further on NHS, pensions, law and order, education, the environment etc. and sending even more money to the dictators and regimes of the world that are even more crooked than his, and all you can do is grumble. I don't think you are fit to be governed by such a caring and worthy man as he is. Shame on you all.

First estimates...one minster seemed quite proud on newsnights Paxo that they could get a million processed in a year , more efficient than our passport system , but then thats still 60 years to get the whole population done ..

they could get a million processed in a year

That would hardy be enough to keep pace with the asylum seekers they let in!

but then thats still 60 years to get the whole population done ..

I'll bet the forgers will beat that by several decades. Wouldn't it be a good idea to "outsource" the operation to India???

It looks like another millenium dome, NHS improvement, crackdown on crime, improved education etc.etc type job to me.

The estimated charge for the combined identity card and passport, being introduced in three years' time, appears to be heading over the £100 mark after officials admitted yesterday that rising costs has pushed the figure up to £93.

The overall estimated 10-year cost of the project has grown from £3.1bn three years ago to more than £5.8bn now as new problems emerged yesterday over the effectiveness of the new biometric technology that is supposed to safeguard the security of the cards

The guardian

How can a card cost 5.8 billion GBP for the creation of a couple of hundred million of them?

You have the cost of the materials, use the same databases/computers as the current drivers license/passport systems (no new staffing, etc) -- what else is there?

what else is there?

Only need 58 million ( is a billion a million million or a thousand million , I'm never sure , I guess it depends if I'm on a US website or British ) your right ....... there is something extremely stinky about it .......

some very creative accounting going on

what else is there?

Well there's:-

The Consultants fees,

Cost of running the Focus groups ( What does your ID card mean to you ? ),

Art and design (Card to be designed by Lawrence LLewelin Bowen & Jean Paul Gaultier),

Instruction leaflets ( Where to stick your card ),

Marketing,

The new TV series 'REALLY REALLY BIG Brother',

The cost of replacing the first system that doesn't work,

The fees of the five thousand hypnotists required to persuade people that this actually is a jolly good idea.

And biggest of all the treasurys profit margin, but then again this isn't actually a tax rise, so it must be OK mustn't it ?

what else is there?

Well there's:-

The Consultants fees,

Cost of running the Focus groups ( What does your ID card mean to you ? ),

Art and design (Card to be designed by Lawrence LLewelin Bowen & Jean Paul Gaultier),

Instruction leaflets ( Where to stick your card ),

Marketing,

The new TV series 'REALLY REALLY BIG Brother',

The cost of replacing the first system that doesn't work,

The fees of the five thousand hypnotists required to persuade people that this actually is a jolly good idea.

And biggest of all the treasurys profit margin, but then again this isn't actually a tax rise, so it must be OK mustn't it ?

What is all this dross about? The original post was about the USA and Bush.

The original thread has been hijacked.

I agree fully with you. Unfortunately his best pal is also running this country down to the dogs. The latest imposition is another bill to go before Parliament to introduce compulsory I.D.cards. I have NO problem personally in being asked to carry an I.D.card, but object strongly to the suggestion that i will have to pay for the privilege. A figure of £80 is being suggested. As I see it this is another gordon brown scheme to raise revenue. Note the gordon brown without capital letters, he is not worthy.

Change the record, it's becoming boring reading the same old rubbish about Labour. The Tories lost the election. No matter how much puerile drivel you want to post, it will not change the result.

What is all this dross about? The original post was about the USA and Bush.

Change the record, it's becoming boring reading the same old rubbish about Labour. The Tories lost the election. No matter how much puerile drivel you want to post, it will not change the result.

Not quite as interesting when the bashing turns to *your* govenment and Country, is it? In fact, it is quite unpleasant at times.....eh? :rolleyes:

No need for any country bashing. I would say it is time to close this thread.