Hoodies

Besty

Hoodies  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of them??

• Only troublemakers wear them. Should be banned
    • They look good. People should be allowed to wear what they want
    • Whatever floats your boat. Don't really care

The voting alternatives are inappropriate. It is not possible for me to find any option that fits my views.

There is no doubt that some criminals wear hoodies to hide their identity - yet there are lots of perfectly innocent people who wear them simply to keep warm. The innocent are naive if they fail to understand that many people will be suspicious about their motives in wearing a hoodie.

I think it is sad that this should be the case - but like it or not - the hoodie is now generally regarded with suspicion and anyone who wears one risks being categorised as someone with something to hide.

I believe that those shopping malls and entertainment centres which have banned hoodies are doing the right thing.

There is no doubt that some criminals wear hoodies to hide their identity - yet there are lots of perfectly innocent people who wear them simply to keep warm. The innocent are naive if they fail to understand that many people will be suspicious about their motives in wearing a hoodie.

I think it is sad that this should be the case - but like it or not - the hoodie is now generally regarded with suspicion and anyone who wears one risks being categorised as someone with something to hide.

Had mine on today when picking up the Grandson, he had one on too :0

don't think people will regard us as menacing or with something to hide :D

I was wearing hoodies when Adidas was just Adi, I think its not the jackets thats the problem, its just the chavs that wear them now ;) ;)

See above no baseball caps for us :lol:

Has the popularity of this garment occured due to the incomprehensible and over-powering need for virtually all males under 30 to "go bald"?

Stlightly thin on top for me but the little fella has loads of curls :D

There is no option for me to choose as I think they are a fashion disaster. Very unflattering. B)

The older (hopefully wiser) you get the more you understand that *fashion* is marketed with an intent on taking more of your money each year. This goes for clothing, cars and other worldly goods. And it is all BS.

If you judge a person based on how they are dressed, what they wear, what they drive or what they own.......you need to take another look at life. :)

I worked for a multi-millionaire who taught me that lesson early on in life.........many times he wore no socks, worn out shoes and sweat pants to work. He would, however, dress appropriately for meetings with customers and dignitaries (including the POTUS) where dress was important. But on a day to day schedule he could care less on what he wore. He wanted to be comfortable. Want to know how successful he is? http://www.forestcity.net/

Your remark sort of reminded me of a fashion cliche in the US in the 1950's and 1960's..............."the clothes make the man". What a bunch of BS.

Get to know the person before you judge him/her. Remember the old saying of you cannot judge a book by it's cover............. ;)

Hoodies provide great warmth and are quite comfortable. Forget the fashion statement because there is none. And who cares anyway.......... B)

Obviously a good many people wear them to keep warm, however, it is a sad fact that some do use them to conceal their identity while they beat up innocent people, or break shop windows etc. We have all seen too many examples of this on CCTV. I have not voted as I don't have a general opinion on the subject. I have a bad weather waterproof coat that has a hood which rolls up into the collar. Very useful at times in the English climate. I can well understand shopping centres banning their wear indoors. Why on earth should anyone want to wear them indoors?

As is said before "it's not the Hoodie that counts it's the person wearing it."

Too often, in the UK, this useful article of clothing is associated with thugs and hooligans

Do you suppose we could prevail upon our beloved leader to ensure that when the ID cards are issued there will be a special place on them whereupon can be inscribed the 'Thug' or' Yob' rating of the holder?

This could be something like the judo system, but instead of Black belts and Blue belts we could have Black hoods, or Red riding hoods, or Robin hoods or even Pram hoods.

I am guilty of provoking this thread by my reference to hoodies in another thread.

Whilst I agree with most of the views expressed herein - I must add that vertically challenged people with body piercings, tatoos, half shaved stubble, non-BBC accents and pony tails tucked inside a hoodie are a special pet hate.

That should get a few more of you going.

:devil::devil::devil:

As is said before "it's not the Hoodie that counts it's the person wearing it."

Too often, in the UK, this useful article of clothing is associated with thugs and hooligans

Do you suppose we could prevail upon our beloved leader to ensure that when the ID cards are issued there will be a special place on them whereupon can be inscribed the 'Thug' or' Yob' rating of the holder?

This could be something like the judo system, but instead of Black belts and Blue belts we could have Black hoods, or Red riding hoods, or Robin hoods or even Pram hoods.

And a little plastic sleeve nailed on the hood for the ID card, similar to the car tax disc holder.

I wear them quite often.. Infact, I am wearing one now.

I had never associated them with a 'criminal' before, until one day I posted my self in a CANADA hoodie on my MSN. Chris pointed out that they were not allowed where he lives, and I did not understand why. I still don't.

Either way, making it taboo to wear a hoodie is only going to make it that much more desirable to the youth.

I am guilty of provoking this thread by my reference to hoodies in another thread.

Whilst I agree with most of the views expressed herein - I must add that vertically challenged people with body piercings, tatoos, half shaved stubble, non-BBC accents and pony tails tucked inside a hoodie are a special pet hate.

That should get a few more of you going.

:devil::devil::devil:

I can NEVER understand why they insist on calling this DESIGNER STUBBLE.

This still doesn't answer the question as to WHO designed the stubble. It's yet another misuse of the language. The word designer is tossed around for just about everything. Designer specs, designer shirts, designer dresses. SOMEONE has to design any object which is going to be manufactured, so why are items which cost much more than they are worth called designer, and how can chin stubble be called designer?

APOLOGIES for going off topic.