Tough on crime..

catgate

Urph

ClarkeHewittPrescott128.jpg

Its the media innit ....sez our Rt Hon Rev ...

.... "blessed are the cabinet minister's for they hath not sinned ....

...they are the meek and innocent , worthy of the cause !

... believe in them ... believe in me !

.....for I am worthy

.....trust in me

... and redemption shall be yours

.....for ever and ever ...(untill you need a pension ..then your f***ed ..!...)

Ah (pass the hat.. we need the moollah..!) men ...!"

But just in time... another headline grabber.....

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticl...AIN-BIRDFLU.xml

Isn't that lucky for our Tone, but unlucky for the chickens. Still... it's a small price to pay.

Its probably been about for years, but only found now cos they are testing everything. ;)

The wonderful thing about the British, is that we can laugh at our misfortunes. Even this unruly mob masquerading under the name of GOVERNMENT, can't keep us down for long. We come up smiling for more punishment. :D :D

We are taking it extremely seriously but I don't think this is a resignation matter."

Charles Clarke MP

Looks like he was wrong in that as well.

Apparently TB is attempting to plug the holes in his rapidly sinking boat. I wonder if the job will go to somebody competent, or just another of the cronies ?

Interesting. Thaks, Bel. I hadn't seen the news. Your link says John Reid is getting the job. I think he is competant but what do I know?

It is about time Prescott was relieved of his Department. I didn't think he was up to it. It stretched loyalty a bit too far. I cannot think his time as DPM can stretch on much longer either.

Thos.

Minister accepts removal with good grace

:rofl:

Or maybe not, even now he doesn't get it.

Mr Clarke, you have exhibited mind bending incompetence beyond even the toleration of Tony Blair.

Ineptitude incapable of being spun positive by the most amazing of PR gurus.

Just saying you accept responsibility isn't enough, you actually have to DO it in some meaningful way.

Going off in a sulk, muttering it's not fair when the inevitable consequences of your cack handedness come home to roost is pretty feeble even for you.

pretty obvious why the Rev hung on to the dolt .... If he had fired him before the elections ..(knowing they would be bad) ...He would not have a major news story to take the election result of the front page .. It would be him carrying the can himself ......

If Clarke had a bit more smarts about him he would have forced his resignation , and not hung on for the week ... dieing the death of a thousand headlines ... just a bit more dignity (because it was a removal matter)

Blair played him ...............

............and the media

pretty obvious why the Rev hung on to the dolt .... If he had fired him before the elections ..(knowing they would be bad) ...He would not have a major news story to take the election result of the front page .. It would be him carrying the can himself ......

If Clarke had a bit more smarts about him he would have forced his resignation , and not hung on for the week ... dieing the death of a thousand headlines ... just a bit more dignity (because it was a removal matter)

Blair played him ...............

............and the media

It's called POLITICS and is an honourable calling. That is why they are Right Honourable. :)