What about this?

catgate

I just got this in my inbox (I have xxx-out my email address):-

File Error Notification - Instructions To fix File Errors in your Registry:

Your PC may be suffering from serious file errors in your WINDOWS registry which may be the reason why your PC is running so slow, or crashing and freezing from time to time. Also, these can lead to major system problems and possible memory leaks.

Below are instructions that will enable you to Increase Your Computer's Speed, Power, Stability and Reliability in just a few minutes.

Try it for no cost by running the scan below:

http://zoombin.com/[email protected]

Once again, there are NO OBLIGATIONS for this FREE OFFER that includes our FREE Software, FREE Analysis, FREE Report and 24 Hour Support !

If after completing the Diagnostic Test it is brought to your attention that your computer's registry does contain file "errors", then it may be in your computer's best interest to fix the potentially harmful file errors in your registry.

Press below to launch the Diagnostics Test download now:

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 All Rights Reserved

-----

To not receive future offers/promotions from "Error Nuker" please press on

the below link:

http://zoombin.com/[email protected] send us a letter at:

100 E. San Marcos Blvd.

San Marcos, CA 92069

You will not get anymore of our emails if you go here:

http://zoombin.com/unsub.php?client=softwa...ovations&msgid=

and enter your email address ([email protected])

or write to:

Software Innovations Inc.

160 W. Foothill Pkwy, Suite 105-20

Corona, CA 92882

TRCK:software_innovations;fdwjdwh*rqhwho!qhw;1;

Mailwasher looks at your mail before it is downloaded on to your computer. If the message is from someone on your banned list, MW deletes it (or does whatever you've told it to do). The remainder you can read on MW and still not download to your machine and delete if you wish to. Only then do you need to download emails that you wish to receive on to your machine.

Have a look at it via the links given.

I don't use MW as I had a fight with it once but others find it good. I use ePrompter which is similar. There is a link to that as well.

I use the free version of Mailwasher. It will delete anything, or indeed bounce it back before it is downloaded to Outlook Express (in my case).

I have no complaints about it.

Thos.

I would suggest that you don't bounce unwanted mail. It does no good (except, perhaps some snese of self satisfaction) but it does clutter up the Internet with pointless traffic.

I would suggest that you don't bounce unwanted mail. It does no good (except, perhaps some snese of self satisfaction) but it does clutter up the Internet with pointless traffic.

A thought has just struck me. Since all these bounced back emails and spam are composed of nothing but minute electrical charges, could we not , as a joint WF Green Taskforce, devise some device for shooting them out into the atmosphere in the Southern Hemisphere to bung up the hole in the ozone layer? After all we only need to tickle a few valencies.

The valency tickling could result in the opposite of what is required and split the remaining tri-atomic oxygen into the more stable di-atomic version. :(

The valency tickling could result in the opposite of what is required and split the remaining tri-atomic oxygen into the more stable di-atomic version. :(

Well then how about going up there, with the electrical charges, and taking an electronic welding kit to weld the trivalent stuff together more securely? Is there anyone on the forum with a long enough ladder in their shed, do you suppose?

Is there anyone on the forum with a long enough ladder in their shed, do you suppose?

Andsome is always telling us that he has a long one.

Thos. :P

I have never once suggestd that. :lol:

• 10 months later...
I just got this in my inbox (I have xxx-out my email address):-

File Error Notification - Instructions To fix File Errors in your Registry:

Your PC may be suffering from serious file errors in your WINDOWS registry which may be the reason why your PC is running so slow, or crashing and freezing from time to time. Also, these can lead to major system problems and possible memory leaks.

Below are instructions that will enable you to Increase Your Computer's Speed, Power, Stability and Reliability in just a few minutes.

Try it for no cost by running the scan below:

Once again, there are NO OBLIGATIONS for this FREE OFFER that includes our FREE Software, FREE Analysis, FREE Report and 24 Hour Support !

If after completing the Diagnostic Test it is brought to your attention that your computer's registry does contain file "errors", then it may be in your computer's best interest to fix the potentially harmful file errors in your registry.

Press below to launch the Diagnostics Test download now:

Copyright © 2002 - 2004 All Rights Reserved

-----

To not receive future offers/promotions from "Error Nuker" please press on

the below link:

http://zoombin.com/[email protected] send us a letter at:

100 E. San Marcos Blvd.

San Marcos, CA 92069

You will not get anymore of our emails if you go here:

http://zoombin.com/unsub.php?client=softwa...ions&msgid=

and enter your email address ([email protected])

or write to:

Corona, CA 92882

TRCK:software_innovations;fdwjdwh*rqhwho!qhw;1;

Did you ever receive a "clear" reply to your message about this Software Innovations Inc. based in San Marcos, and Corona California. I received the following message from them inviting me to do "paid online services." Checking to see if it was a fraud, I came across your message about the same company. I'd like to find out if they are bogus so I can report them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

We apologize for contacting you at this time of the day, and we hope that we haven't interrupted you in anyway, but we wanted to make sure that you received the message that we sent you last week.

We have checks for 75.00 to 175.00 ready to send you for offering us your honest opinion on various online surveys that only take a few minutes to complete. So if you're interested in earning a nice extra income each month for just giving your opinion on various surveys then press here to begin

PSC and its partners bring you fresh opportunities to express your opinions, participate in online focus groups, try out new products, be heard AND be paid to boot! How would you like to sit in the comfort of your own home, fill out surveys online, and participate in online focus groups and get a nice big paycheck at the end of the month?

You can participate whenever you'd like, morning, noon, night .. midnight if you'd like .. it doesn't matter. Simply log in and select surveys to fill out, get paid for your time. Work for 30 minutes or three hours, it doesn't matter ..you set your own hours!

Press here to start

We can only accept a few more people, but we will accept you if you're interested...and we hope you are!

Thank you,

Jessica Petersen

PSC Representative since 1998

-----

To not receive future offers/promotions from "PaidSurveysOnline" via Trek Data please press on the below link and scroll to the bottom of the page:

http://planetglo.com/tr.php?32211+xxxx@xxxx

Or send us a letter at:

100 E. San Marcos Blvd.

San Marcos, CA 92069

--

You will not get anymore of our emails if you go here and enter your email address (xxxx@xxxx)

or write to:

Corona, CA 92882

TRCK:software_innovations;eovezgf*eruhdo!ruj

Did you ever receive a "clear" reply to your message about this Software Innovations Inc. based in San Marcos, and Corona California.

The short answer is "No".

But in reality it was not so much a question as "Look at this muck" sort of statement. As you would have gathered, fron the rest of the contributions, it was not looked upon as being a communication having any worth.

I use the free version of Mailwasher. It will delete anything, or indeed bounce it back before it is downloaded to Outlook Express (in my case).

I have no complaints about it.

Thos.

Not only does it no good, in fact it does harm. Bouncing "back" does never go back to the spammer, but to the hapless victim who's email address has been forged into the spam 'From:' header. I receive lots of spam bounces, and I treat them the same way as spam itself: report it to SpamCop.

Bouncing is never the right way to fight spam, but it increases the actual spam problem. (Nevermind that "bouncing" with Mailwasher is not even a real bounce - which must be done by the mail server - but a fake bounce.)

Surely Mailwasher has the option of flagging suspected items which can be deleted. Also the content of the items can be previewed without downloading.

In Mailwasher I use the friends list and the black list facilities. I very very rarely see spam since I changed my e mail address to one less likely to be picked up by an auto spammer. The black list is mainly for company's who have had my address in the past, and don't want to know that I no longer require their services.