Backup Your Drivers

nellie2

I've been looking for something like this for ages and ages. I did have a smashing little program a couple of years ago... but lost it. :(

Double Driver is free... you can view the drivers you have installed, print off a list and most imporantly, back them up to another location. Fantastically useful if you have an older operating system... or even if you have a newer one but with some lesser known stuff installed that requires drivers.

No more spending days hunting for that installation disk that you know you put somewhere safe :whistle:

Double Driver

I think that "smashing little program" was WinDriver Backup V1.0 by Jermar Software :rolleyes:

This was originally freeware, but is now extremely hard to find.

If anyone wants a copy then PM me :)

I think that "smashing little program" was WinDriver Backup V1.0 by Jermar Software :rolleyes:

This was originally freeware, but is now extremely hard to find.

Is this it..??

Yes - well spotted D4\/!d !

That is version 1.09 - the final freeware one released.

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/files/wdb.zip

Boris

• 1 month later...
Great Piece of software! I've used it already and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any software that checks if your drivers are up-to-date and then directs you to the download?

:)

There was such a tool, and I have published it here in one of the fora at the time. But after an initial testing period the company changed their strategy - you get a "free" online scan of your drivers, but if it finds any newer drivers you have to pay to get them...

I, personally, like to have the latest drivers on my system, but there are many experienced users here who caution from downloading unnecessary driver updates. 'Andsome would say "If it ain't broken..."

I have downloaded and run the recommended programs and they show up some drivers for accessories I no longer have. Such as an Agfa scanner and Brother printer and others.

I cannot find some of these in control panel - remove software - or printers - in order to remove them.

Where do I go from here. Regedit?

Just tried both tools, but I have already uninstalled DoubleDriver - it gave me several errors, e.g. that it couldn't find my soundcard drivers.

WinDriverBackup found them all and backed them up.

But thanks for both links! :flowers:

I have downloaded and run the recommended programs and they show up some drivers for accessories I no longer have. Such as an Agfa scanner and Brother printer and others.

I cannot find some of these in control panel - remove software - or printers - in order to remove them.

Where do I go from here. Regedit?

No, you uninstall them from the Device Manager (Control Panel, System, tab Hardware, Device Manager).