The Blair witch project

Tankus

just when we thought that this country could be safe in less than a year

there are rumours that the trollope may run in a labour safe seat a la Clinton's ,

in either Leeds or Liverpool in 18 months time .....

makes you wanna weep ...dunit ...!

I have just watched "Dispatches" on CH 4, about the cash for peerages scandal, and I just wonder if there will be a safe seat for any of them, or even a New Labour party. It seems to me that the only thing that can save the party is a cash for judges scheme.(Or call in old debts.)

heh ....watching that too ........

working peerages ....arf ... I hope he gets nailed

interesting to see how the next elections will be funded by any party .....?

Tone is browns "bestest" friends again .....ooooerrr pass the barf bag ...perleeze ..!

did she or didn't she ?..... I believe Bloomberg .....!

"Well that's a lie,"

heh ...........now number 10 are not denying that she was there , but said , in passing "I need to get by."

wot a laugh

of course brown wasn't lying ....he loves our Rev ...and Cherie has the honesty and integrity of the judge that she is ...............

Whether she said it or whether it was thought that she said it, the damage is done.

Anything that stops Gordon brown becoming prime minister is welcome.

As this party lurches from one crisis to another it is a shame that the other parties are not making any ground because of it, is that mainly down to the apathy that is caused by the corruption in politics today from all the parties?.

Did you ever see such a load of drivel, GB claiming what a good friend B'liar was. No wonder she lost her temper. The whole damned bunch are hypocrites of the worst ilk.

I don't enter into political discussions much but in this case I will.

I totally agree andsome!

Gordon Brown will say just about anything to be Prime Minister.

Ignoring any politics, I find Brown intensely irritating and in desperate need of a personality transplant. One of the irritating things about him is his habit of projecting his lower jaw between words (whilst speaking) as though he's deliberately dislocating it and putting it back in again. Watch and you'll see. Reminds me of an old guy down the road who has a problem with ill fitting dentures and he's constantly poking them forward with his tongue.

I know these are very minor points and shouldn't reflect on the man's ability as a politician but, as the whole of public life is built on celebrity and personality at the expense of anything real, this could be a part of the man's failure in achieving his aims.

the back stabbing is far more entertaining than the politics , because thats all it has become ....

the evening standard

CherieMandyPA_228x162.jpg

no passion ,belief , commitment or honesty , or a genuine wish to improve our fellow mans lot ....!

conference my arse

Soundbited colour coordinated focus group initiated key word planted lying bleats to the wind ..... of no substance , relevance or meaning . A dissent quashed , debate flattened , integrity castrated , butt fest of monkeys climbing the greasy pole of self gratification , compulsive masturba- oratory posings prostituting themselves for the breathless applause of the sweaty accolytes , who still think that they have some relavance in any of the political processes after they have given the nod ........

whats the f***ing point ....!

the mother of all parliments has disgraced herself for all to see

and this "conference " of our "governing " party exemplifies the very rot at the core of our country

And I havnt even heard the RtRevs speech yet .......

grrrr

the back stabbing is far more entertaining than the politics , because thats all it has become ....

the evening standard

CherieMandyPA_228x162.jpg

no passion ,belief , commitment or honesty , or a genuine wish to improve our fellow mans lot ....!

conference my arse

Soundbited colour coordinated focus group initiated key word planted lying bleats to the wind ..... of no substance , relevance or meaning . A dissent quashed , debate flattened , integrity castrated , butt fest of monkeys climbing the greasy pole of self gratification , compulsive masturba- oratory posings prostituting themselves for the breathless applause of the sweaty accolytes , who still think that they have some relavance in any of the political processes after they have given the nod ........

whats the f***ing point ....!

the mother of all parliments has disgraced herself for all to see

and this "conference " of our "governing " party exemplifies the very rot at the core of our country

And I havnt even heard the RtRevs speech yet .......

grrrr

Whatever depths politicians, whether Labour, Tory or Lib-Dem sink to, those depths cannot be lower than that contribution.

Thos.

I think what is being revealed more and more, by each party, is that the whole rotten business is a sham.

The "Party" is supposedly a group of like minded individuals who are bound together by the aims of their party/dogma/belief. But what is being said, quite openly by all parties, is that "We must change our policies to gain new voters." That being so they can not therefore be the party that they claim to be.

It was quite clear from the TV programme about Brown, and last nights TV programme about the bankruptcy of the labour party, that TB simply put NEW infront of the old party name purely to suck in as many souls as he could for his new version of the party, which would take the right wing by the back door. Cameron will undoubtedly woo the unions before long.

There are now, in effect, three right of centre parties, with the old leftist party even farther to the right than the conservatives were. Why? Because that is where the payola is.

if I was paid ....maybe I could join NEW LABOUR and stoop lower , it would pay for my "morality compass "bypass operation , a pre requisite to be a card carrying member .......

Its a good job that they kept the likes of Neil (cough splutter) Kinnock in the party to lend his expertise in helping them to get through the upcoming wilderness years .....

See that Two Jags is not going to go quietly , and does not like the idea of going with our messiah

wup ...here we go

speech is on

blairgp1.jpg

Each party wants to be in power. Most of us would agree that a prime reason for this is because of the immense patronage a governing party holds in dishing out career jobs but also, I would argue, though I am aware others on this forum disagree, because they feel that it is their own party who will best look after the interests of a. their members and b. the nation.

The world, however, does not stand still, and ideas and policies which were good for the past have to be rethought for the present and even more so for the future. For example, the creation of the NHS was for a different time and developments in all aspects of this country emphasize the need for change there. (I only offer that as an example of how policies need to change, not to start the debate up again about whether the changes are good or not)

New Labour was created to divorce the Labour party from some of it’s old ideas even though some members still cling to them. Good examples are the secondary picketing and strike laws introduced by Mrs. Thatcher. Surely no-one, or hardly anyone, wants to go back there, where the Railwaymen may strike if the Miners didn’t get their way? Yet I heard a dinosaur at the TUC this year advocating just that principle.

In essence, the Tory party will introduce policies which perpetuate the interest of the people they represent, in the main the employing classes. The Labour party has in mind the interests of the employed classes. Historically the Lberals are closer to the aims of the Tories but nowadays, who knows? But all of them would say , and no doubt feel, that the policies they advocate are the right ones also for the good of the nation.

Thos.

if I was paid ....maybe I could join NEW LABOUR and stoop lower , it would pay for my "morality compass "bypass operation , a pre requisite to be a card carrying member .......

Is it really?

I wouldn't know. I am not, nor have never been, a member of any political party, nor do I attend their party meetings.

Thos.

Each party wants to be in power. Most of us would agree that a prime reason for this is because of the immense patronage a governing party holds in dishing out career jobs but also.........

Thos.

And this is not for the good of those who elect them and pay them. It is for the benefit of those who "support" them.

But all of them would say , and no doubt feel, that the policies they advocate are the right ones also for the good of the nation.

Thos.

I disagree here. The point I made earlier was that they change their policies to suit their own interpretation of the mood of the electorate, and then do not stick to them. The surest way to get elected, and keep getting re-elected, is to base ones policies on the wishes of the electorate, and stick to them. If they are wrong policies the public are to blame. The public will learn pretty quickly, and in any case there are more intelligent people outside Westminster than there have ever been sat inside it.

Along side this a total ban on "lobbying" (make it a criminal offence) would produce a much better governing system.

Democracy, in my book, means the populace governing themselves, rather than the sham of one despot (or should it be ****pot) worming his/her way to the top, by subterfuge and intimidation, and taking total command under the banner of Democracy.

I'm going back into my box now. :rolleyes: