What is linux?

Irene

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linux Mint is 98% Ubuntu, it is easy to install the Nvidia graphics driver, you just go to init3 (out of the GUI) then enter your user name and password then type sudo su then your password again then type envy then apart from selecting yes twice (which is the default) it does it automatically.

• 2 months later...

Linux is operating System,as like Windows, Linux is open source operating system means low cost OS, We can perform each and every activity on Linux operating like that (Sharing data,Play games,Programming). Today many company's or Home People like this operating system. Linux is based on Kernel (the central part of the operating system). It can handle all activity.Linux is more secure OS,It can't understand virus's.

Many kind of Linux version available in market.

Red hat,SUSE,Ubuntu,Fedora,Mandriva and many more..

Red hat Linux provide certification facility to make your career in Linux field.

Linux is operating System,as like Windows, Linux is open source operating system means low cost OS, We can perform each and every activity on Linux operating like that (Sharing data,Play games,Programming). Today many company's or Home People like this operating system. Linux is based on Kernel (the central part of the operating system). It can handle all activity.Linux is more secure OS,It can't understand virus's.

Many kind of Linux version available in market.

Red hat,SUSE,Ubuntu,Fedora,Mandriva and many more..

Red hat Linux provide certification facility to make your career in Linux field.

Thank you for sharing with us.

• 2 months later...

I had forgotten about this thread, as it is nearly 4 years old.

It is a lot easier to use now, as a live CD/DVD, with proprietary drivers on a lot of the distros, so virtually no terminal use.

jandrenievs welcome to the dark side.

Alan, how could you forget about me and my nativity ? :rolleyes:

P.S. Sorry jandrenievs, welcome to the forum. :flowers:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread has become a vehicle for spam propagation.

I am locking it.

If someone has a genuine contribution, please let a staff member know and it can be unlocked.