Mozilla Firefox

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Waterfox 18.0.1 is now available.

Waterfox is the highly optimized 64-bit version of Waterfox.

Info and download:

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/development.php

If Waterfox is already installed, use the upater to install the latest version:

"C:\Program Files\Waterfox\updater.exe" /checknow

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to 18.02 and had to roll back to 18.01 as unstable. No new programs since 18.0 so no incompatibles. Just popped in to see if anyone else had a problem. Forget actualities in detail as very busy lately and just caught up a bit. Been settled since so will skip this version. And wait it out for a while.

Boris, how on earth do we read the poster you quoted? If it was Pat - we all know that being in Japan he stands on his head to sign, but your quote?

I just clicked on Quote - to reply directly to Pat's post and that is what it produced :) I have absolutely no idea why it appeared like that.

The latest FF is rubbish for one of my machines. Any download above about 1MB and the thing goes mad - CPU up to 100% and hangs. Other machines OK.

And maybe I too have a touchy version of Windows XP Home SP3 2006 because it certainly plays up for no reason also. Is yours same version of windows maybe?

I had marked it for no to updates as too fast changes for vendors to catch up so some add ons etc not compatible - didn't change it but did update to 117 then 18.01/

Have now it back to "no I will decide" and will have to check when I do update which is usually a few versions behind as then no problems. Not worried about safety as do not go where they hang around to get you or bank online - use telephone instead and in 17 years only ever had a virus when it came back from technician fixing it :ranting:

Has to be add ons and it disables them if they are not updated too. Never had any problems prior when FF updated slowly.

• 2 weeks later...

Firefox 19 comes with a new PDF viewer add-on called PDF.js; it is absolutely terrible! The first PDF I tried to display (http://helpx.adobe.c...r_reference.pdf) looks like this

post-1524-0-27972400-1361503649_thumb.pn

To fix this and use your standard PDF viewer plugin: Tools | Options | tab Applications

change (Content type: Portable Document Format)

post-1524-0-00004900-1361523743_thumb.pn

to

post-1524-0-29034500-1361523771_thumb.pn

Now your PDF document should display correctly in Adobe Reader

post-1524-0-62295200-1361523830_thumb.pn

• 1 year later...

Is it just me or does Firefox 29 now look the same as Chrome ?

It is certainly very different!

I have just found a method to relocate the tabs below the address bar (my preferred option) - I installed the Classic Theme Restorer add-on. ;)

I havent downloaded it becuase now sure about this on the site:=-

Firefox 29.0 System Requirements

## Windows

Operating Systems
  • Windows XP SP2
  • Windows Server 2003 SP1
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8

Please note that while the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 can be used to run Firefox 26, only 32-bit builds of Firefox 26 are supported at this time.

Recommended Hardware
  • Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 200MB of hard drive space

I am running MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP 1
Intel Pentium CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz $GB RAM

Does that support Firefox 29?

:wub:

Does that support Firefox 29?

:wub:

As I see it you're OK with 29 it's just notification that they're no longer supporting the 64 bit version of 26 so any security issues with it will remain unpatched.

I would agree with your opinion Belatucadrus.